Ganesh Patil

fault of 1756- IF16

8 posts in this topic

I have1756-16F & 1756-IF16H analog input module connected to my contrologics 5572 controller. there is only single sensor connected few days ago & it the channel where sensor is connected was showing data without any channel fault but others were showing channel fault even if now sensors are connected & no data is coming ...checked with mA source then in 1756- IF16 the channel 0 to channel 8 (total 9) channels are showing data in the system & The 1756-16H hart card is not showing any data for new sensor it is also showing channel fault.It is even not showing any reading when connected to mA source.
I have checked wiring it is as per single ended configuration & in module properties I have selected the same.

How should I clear this fault ? What was the reason behind it...Dear friends plz give your valuable suggessions.

The ScreenShots of the raw data & channel status are attached here please see

Just now, Ganesh Patil said:

I have1756-16F & 1756-IF16H analog input module connected to my contrologics 5572 controller. there is only single sensor connected few days ago & it the channel where sensor is connected was showing data without any channel fault but others were showing channel fault even if now sensors are connected & no data is coming ...checked with mA source then in 1756- IF16 the channel 0 to channel 8 (total 9) channels are showing data in the system & The 1756-16H hart card is not showing any data for new sensor it is also showing channel fault.It is even not showing any reading when connected to mA source.
I have checked wiring it is as per single ended configuration & in module properties I have selected the same.

How should I clear this fault ? What was the reason behind it...Dear friends plz give your valuable suggessions.

The ScreenShots of the raw data & channel status are attached here please see

channel data.jpg

channel Faults.png

channel status.jpg

Has this system been in operation for some time without issue, or is this a new startup? 

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1756-um009_-en-p.pdf

Unused analog input channels will float unless they are disabled...refer to pg 53.

All analog channels must be configured.  Refer to pg. 193.  0-10V, +/-10V, 0-5V, 4-20mA are your choices.

Dear sir,

Firstly thanks for valuable reply.

This is a new set up as at start all the sensors were not available I was connected only available one & only that channel is healthy other are in fault state.

one more thing that I have gone through stated pages just now, I have already chosen the configuration as float- single ended no alarms, & all other input ranges are done according to signal setting for 4-20mA to scale 0-100.

for your more information I would like to tell u that this channel was previously added as differential mode but the wiring connections were  as per single ended wiring, so I have deleted the card & again added it as float data -single ended no alarm configuration.

Please guide me to tackle this problem.

Edited by Ganesh Patil
addition

I replied to the other post / same topic. You really shouldn't double post. You are fragmenting any info or questions that you receive.

Analog card channels fault when they are not connected to an analog device. You either haven't wired the point right, haven't applied 24VDC power, or have some other issue. Analog card configuration is relatively simple to do

On 11/10/2016 at 8:41 AM, kaiser_will said:

Has this system been in operation for some time without issue, or is this a new startup? 

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1756-um009_-en-p.pdf

Unused analog input channels will float unless they are disabled...refer to pg 53.

All analog channels must be configured.  Refer to pg. 193.  0-10V, +/-10V, 0-5V, 4-20mA are your choices.

...Unused analog input channels will float unless they are DISABLED...refer to pg. 53

10 hours ago, Michael Lloyd said:

I replied to the other post / same topic. You really shouldn't double post. You are fragmenting any info or questions that you receive.

Analog card channels fault when they are not connected to an analog device. You either haven't wired the point right, haven't applied 24VDC power, or have some other issue. Analog card configuration is relatively simple to do

Dear sir,

Thanks for ur valuable reply.

Now I got the reason that this fault are raised due to no sensors were connected at input of the card. But Now I have connected the sensors & checked the wiring it is ok ,I am 100 % sure about it, But please can you tell me after connecting all the input sensors how can I clear this fault.......after connecting the sensor & setting the mA , proper scaling , I have deleted & again added the card to program but the fault is not getting cleared.

How could I disable unused channels in it.

Edited by Ganesh Patil

11 hours ago, kaiser_will said:

...Unused analog input channels will float unless they are DISABLED...refer to pg. 53

Dear sir, 

I have gone through page 53 & all other related pages but I could not found the  "How To Disable Unused Channels ?"....If u know this please guide me by giving the steps to disable the channels.