Zubair Malik

How to operate devices with 220 acv power supply?

13 posts in this topic

Hi

Is it possible to operate the device with plc output which have 220 acv power supply while some of plc use 24dcv as power supply? If yes, then how to wire the plc for output devices.?

Hard to say, not sure exactly what you mean and I don't want to break any of your equipment so I must ask for some more information. I can write some basic information:

• A 24VDC supplied Mitsubishi PLC with RELAY outputs can handle 220VAC on the RELAY LOAD connectors (the relays are the same for the 230VAC and the 24VDC version of the PLCs)

What equipment do you have? And since you're asking about this, maybe you can provide a drawing of what you had in mind?

Thanks for ur reply bro...

Yeah bro.. U got me right..

Here i give u an example..

I have a fan which uses 220VAC to turn on.

While i have a plc with 24VDC power supply...

Now i want to turn on the fan at y0 when i get some input at x0... Now how to wire my fan with plc

My confusion is... If i use a 220VAC to turn on my fan... there might be some possibility that 220VAC can damage my plc??

We need to know the full name of the PLC you are using to be able to help you with those questions. If you have a modular PLC we need to know the full name of the module you are going to use.

Regarding the FX1N-14MR you can connect up to 240VAC between the respective COM and Y. Check out the manual for references to the wiring.

Regarding the Siemens I have no idea, but isn't the S7-300 a modular PLC? In any way, you should ask in the Siemens section in the forum regarding the Siemens PLC.

Bro plz have a look on the following diagram... 

I want to turn on the fan when the plc get an input at x0

Will this diagram work fine

IMG20161104233722.jpg

If anything goes wrong, I cannot take any responsibility of course. It's your "job" to investigate the actual manual, but yes that schematics looks fine. The only thing confusing me is that you've noted the 220VAC with "+" and "-"... Normally they are "L" and "N" or "L1" and "L2", but as long as you know what you're doing in the rest of the system, the PLC connection is correct according to your drawing.

You also have to program the PLC. It won't simply turn on Y2 just because X0 goes high.

P.S. All the inputs on the PLC are 24VDC! NEVER connect anything else than 24VDC/0V on the inputs (X).

Thanks so much dear bro... I exactly got my all answers...

Thanks for ur support...

Love u bro

Maybe, you should think to use a relay interface to turn on the fan.

The over current induced by in-rush greatly reduces the relay contact’s service life. Check the specs of relay output and the current of the fan

It is better exchange a relay than a PLC.

Good point by @AlexMota!!

What is the current (A) specification of the fan you want to use?

I also agree with Alex. I never connect devices directly on PLC, unless devices with small consuption.

You have to now, that limit for relay output is 2A. 

If you have higher consuption, you must insert relay or contactor.

I'm with them I would defiantly wire the output to a relay coil with a normally open leg of 220v if your output burns out regarding to the amperage of the fan that's more aggravating to deal with for me than swapping out a relay

Edited by Campbell2112