Park Shin Hye

Question about Modbus

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, 

How do you do? Hope everything goes well to all. 

Today I have a question need your help: Modbus has been widely used since quite some time ago even until today. I was wondering are there any proper best practice tips or manuals on the protocol's communication configuration? 

Thanks in advance. 

😀

Modbus is open, so you can download the specifications freely (see below). Regarding "Best practice tips" there's really no special considerations as long as you implement the protocol according to the specifications. It's easy to code.

http://modbus.org/tech.php

1 person likes this

Hi Park, take a look at this automation blog entry about Modbus, it serves as the guide to troubleshoot Modbus from the SCADA aspect, perhaps you may find it more useful than the title suggests.

Good luck.

1 person likes this

On 11/3/2016 at 10:35 AM, Park Shin Hye said:

Hi everyone, 

How do you do? Hope everything goes well to all. 

Today I have a question need your help: Modbus has been widely used since quite some time ago even until today. I was wondering are there any proper best practice tips or manuals on the protocol's communication configuration? 

Thanks in advance. 

😀

hi park

you can read this book at section 3 (Industrial Network Security, Securing Critical Infrastructure Networks for Smart Grid, SCADA, and Other Industrial Control Systems
Eric D. Knapp
Joel Thomas Langill ) and your question find in reference this book. 

reagards