Giant

MCH71-SERVODRIVER-Limit_Switch_terminate_location

1 post in this topic

Hello.

I am working on an a machine automation project. I come from an Allen-Bradley background and am new to the OMRON environment. However so far the difference has appeared slight. 

My current issue, involves an MCH71 motion controller and an 'ORIGIN SEARCH' Routine. 

I am using MECHATROLLINKS II for the communication. I have set up my Registers just fine in CX-Programmer and have successfully performed jogging and incremental move functions from CX-Programmer using ladder instructions with the required bits sent to the MCH.

I am however at a bit of a hurdle with the ORIGIN SEARCH function. I have read the manual numerous times. I have not been able to determine where exactly the Limit Switch is to be terminated to become a 'point of origin' so i can perform an origin search command.

I will be using a single point of origin (Limit Switch)

I have included any relevant documentation that I could dig up. It would APPEAR to me that the limit switch must be terminated to '41' I do not know what that refers to in terms of I/O points. (This was an old demo unit that I am now to utilize for a 3 axis machine...)

I might add that this is my first motion control project. (I am from process control background)

Each servodriver unit has a break-out I/O terminal block. I find no reference to '41' on any of them.

(The 'P-OT and N-OT' have been disabled within the system parameters as well.)

I plan on using these parameters;

1 for P4AA01

1 for P4AA02 (could this be wrong)

1 for P4AA03(also unsure)

1 for P4AA04(this i am pretty sure about)

0 for P4AA05(this i am positive will be required for accuracy)

P4AA07 will require tweaking once i have set this up. 

It is all in test mode and the servos are just secured to a test bench....Thanks.

581978d478cd9_Screenshotfrom2016-11-0121581977977585a_Screenshotfrom2016-11-0121

58197702669fb_Screenshotfrom2016-11-0121

58197895762a0_Screenshotfrom2016-11-0121

I