soms

Help Needed....GE Multilin EPM 5500P Power Meter Interfacing to GE Multilin EnerVista.

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I need to communicate Power meters ( GE Multilin EPM 5500P) to  GE Multilin EnerVista Software. The present communication system uses Ethernet for communication from LAN Switch to Computer. There are a few existing Power Meters which need to be connected to the  Network. The Meters having output ports as RS485. I need to use a convertor for that right. So when I contacted GE they told me to use GE Multilinet Serial to Ethernet Convertor. But due to the price and unavailability of the material I am thinking to use a universal convertor. Is that compatible for Multilin Devices?? and In Case of using a universal Convertor does we need any other drivers for that. Please Help Me.. Thanks In Advance 

mnetman-a3.pdf

multinet (1).pdf

PM-GE.pdf

It appears that the power meter uses Modbus as its communications protocol, so any Ethernet/serial converter that supports Modbus should be OK.

soms how you solve this? I´m having the same issue and I don´t want to buy a ge multinet converter if I can use other with a lower price.

i have problem with epm 5500 also. how to reset password 4 digit, someone change default password and now i cant communicate with bms 

I know little about the epm 5500 but you should either contact the person who changed the password or ask GE if the whole unit can be reset back to "factory defaults", including the password. Although then you may need to change all parameters.

Edited by RussB