Neel Moor

Gx Works2- Modbus Communication

4 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

I'm using a FX3U PLC and I have FX3U-485ADP to communicate using Modbus RTU, I set up the communication in GX Developer using ladder diagram and it's working. So now I put the same code in GX works2 using Structured Ladder and its not working I don't know if in GX works I can use the devices name or I have to use label? It seems that auxiliary relay M8411 is not being activated  , anyone knows if I have to do a different set up for the communication using GX Works? Below you will find the two codes,

Thanks a lot for your help,

code_gx_dev.JPG

code_gx_works.JPG

And the hardware setup is also exactly the same?

You could, as a first test, try to move the last line of code into a new rung after the ADP instruction. So instead of:
----- RUNG
M3...ADPRW
M8029...RST-M3
----- RUNG

Instead you have a rung in between:
----- RUNG
M3...ADPRW
----- RUNG
M3...M8029...RST-M3
----- RUNG

Are your PLC parameters (PLC system 2) set up the same ?.

And if you're going to use stuctured laddder why not take advantage of label programming

19 hours ago, kaare_t said:

And the hardware setup is also exactly the same?

You could, as a first test, try to move the last line of code into a new rung after the ADP instruction. So instead of:
----- RUNG
M3...ADPRW
M8029...RST-M3
----- RUNG

Instead you have a rung in between:
----- RUNG
M3...ADPRW
----- RUNG
M3...M8029...RST-M3
----- RUNG

17 hours ago, Gambit said:

Are your PLC parameters (PLC system 2) set up the same ?.

And if you're going to use stuctured laddder why not take advantage of label programming

Thank you guys for your support, yes hardware and system parameters were the same, the problem was that I was in the wrong simulation mode that's why I couldn't see any change when I forced to ON the Memory (M3) to start writing to multiple registers command , (I know silly mistake haha) but now its working. 

Thanks again guys!