Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest simusimu

Back/restore of PLC using CX programmer

1 post in this topic

Hello, I am new to OMRON PLC's and I would like some advice on how to make a total backup of an existing PLC program (both object files and setup files would be required?) We are using an OMRON model # CV1000 V1 CPU with a 512 data memory card (EPROM model # HMC-EP551 512) From what I could gleen from existing documentation is that the CPU will load all necessary files from the DM card upon initial power up. If that is true, is it possible to get all the backup files that I need off of the DM card. And if so, how would one go about doing that with CX programmer? We just purchased version 5.0 for just this purpose. If this is possible, I would like to store this info on a CDROM should disaster strike and I need to flash a new EPROM. (We do not have a card reader, so I know that would have to be purchased if and when). And if I need these files as an emergency, could I load the PLC directly with my saved files from the CDROM via CX Programmer until we could replace the DM card? Any help at this point would be great. Thank you.