Chickenkiller91

CJ1M CPU11 how to set IP adress?

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have to work now with a cj1m cpu11. I would like to connect it to a ns10 display.

My first obvious problem is when i made the project in cx programmer, that unlike in cj2m i wasnt able to select the cpu unit in the IO table and set the ip adress.

How do i need to set the ip address? im reading an omron guide, but it is confusing, and so long, i only want to set the ip address :/.

Also how can i set the fins network to 2? On the cx-designer i set the network address:2 and the node adress:40. I know that the 40 means the end of ip address. Thats why i want to set the plc. How about the network address 2? 

Help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Never worked with a CJ1M.  Did they even have Ethernet ports?  Not finding anything in CX-Programmer that indicates they do.

1 person likes this

I have a picture from the rack what my customer has, and it is clear that the cpu has a built in Ethernet port. Not a separate expansion card. As i see not all of them has a built in Ethernet port. It is just given types.

Edited by Chickenkiller91

For the CJ1M-CPU11-ETN models, the built in Ethernet actually shows up as the first card on the Main Rack as a CJ1W-ETN21.

The FINS network (Node) address will be the last octet of your IP address. <<EDIT: I see you already knew that. I'm not sure about the Network Address.

This port in not Ethernet/IP. If you want to want to connect the NS via Ethernet, you'll need to use FINS. You'll need to configure a FINS network using CX Integrator.

Edited by IO_Rack
2 people like this

I'm not well versed on FINS but I believe the Network Address will be defined when you set it up with CX Integrator since the PLC will be the FINS Master. I remember scratching my head on this before.

On 10/17/2016 at 7:08 PM, IO_Rack said:

For the CJ1M-CPU11-ETN models, the built in Ethernet actually shows up as the first card on the Main Rack as a CJ1W-ETN21.

The FINS network (Node) address will be the last octet of your IP address. <<EDIT: I see you already knew that. I'm not sure about the Network Address.

This port in not Ethernet/IP. If you want to want to connect the NS via Ethernet, you'll need to use FINS. You'll need to configure a FINS network using CX Integrator.

I read a 70 page long omron guide i found nothing about that what you told. But it is the case and it worked! Thank you so much!  :)

You're welcome.

I had to relearn this myself and I didn't find it in a manual. I have a CJ1M on hand, so I connected to it, went to the 'IO Table and Unit Setup', selected Options > Create. This takes your current physical setup, uploads it, then registers it to the PLC.

The older PLCs didn't require a Registered IO Table unless you were using Special IO. The Create function was a huge improvement for CX Programmer.

Concerning the FINS communication, did you get the CJ and NS to communicate? I have a brief tutorial that an Omron agent sent me. I'm reluctant to post it because it has an Omron header with peoples names on it. If you are interested, I'll copy and paste the pertinent info.

After being able to set the ip adress, i was able to set the routing table and network adress also with cx integrator, and the NS worked.

The upload is a good idea indeed!

Thanks again for your help!!

1 person likes this