Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul_M

Address not occupied by a tag - TIA

8 posts in this topic

Software version: TIA Portal V13 SP1 Update 5

PLC: S7-1515

Currently monitoring two Double words within seperate DB's to trigger an an output. On compilation I get the error "The address is not occupied by a tag"

The code works, and downloads fine. My OCD isn't liking the fact I've got errors though. Is there another way of doing this that won't cause the error?

Alarm.jpg

(Please ignore the glaring spelling error haha)

Alarm.jpg

Alarm.jpg

Edited by Paul_M

You don't have any label for the double words, hence the warning.

There doesn't seem to be anywhere I can assign a label. Unless I am over looking it. 

There will be no warning if you do the same in Step 7 Classic.

I have had the same issue myself, but I didn't do anything about it since it works.

You could use the ordinary memory area and declare a double word for let's say MD400

Then you declare your alarm bits starting at M400.0 and upwards to M404.7.

Alarm byte 1 to 4 at MB400, MB401, MB402, MB404.

Alarm word at MW400, MW402.

Do the same with your ack bits and there should not be a problem.

That's my simple and cheap work around, but I am far from an expert in Siemens, just a beginner.

Yes Step 7 classic relied more on direct addressing rather than tag based addressing like TIA. 

I had thought about doing that, was just wondering if I had missed something glaringly obvious. TIA seems to have that many tick box's hidden here there and everywhere. 

Please post if you find the tick box to enable direct addressing in the PLC, I have looked for it several times now.

Found it for the panel project, but not for the PLC.

4 hours ago, Bryll said:

Please post if you find the tick box to enable direct addressing in the PLC, I have looked for it several times now.

Found it for the panel project, but not for the PLC.

I haven't found one myself, was hoping someone had stumbled across one. 

What you're getting is more of a warning than an error.  You can still compile and download with no issues, its just a nag message to let you know you aren't using a symbolic tag.  It drove me crazy for a year before I just retrained myself to accept that TIA is flawed :)  I hate HATE compiling and seeing anything but 0 errors, 0 warnings.

If you want it to go away, you need to use a symbol.  Or you just ignore the warning and say four letter words about Portal like I do.

Good luck.