16 posts in this topic

Hi.

I'm hoping someone can give me an answer on this problem I'm having with a FX3GE PLC.

I am trying to get a FX3GE plc to communicate to a drive over RS485 using a FX3G-485-BD card. In GXworks2.

But am having no luck. 

I have tried changing the PLC communication settings in PLC parameters between CH1 and CH2, But am unable to get any communication working on the front port. I have also tested with a FX3G-232-BD RS232 card and have the same problems.

There is no activity on the SD RD led's and no data being sent.

If I put the FX3G-485-BD card in a FX3G or FX3S PLC I have running the same code it works fine. So the problem I'm having is with the FX3GE PLC

Please can someone tell me what the difference is with the front Communication port on the FX3G and the FX3GE. And how I can get the FX3G-485-BD card working on the FX3GE PLC.

Thanks

Which slot did you connect it to on the FX3GE?

Yes, but do you also have an ADP module or any other cards connected? Or is it only base unit (FX3GE) and the BD card?

Hi

I don't have any other devices connected to the PLC at the moment. It just the  FX3G-485-BD board plugged in to the front port.

Maybe some old configuration is still stored in the PLC. Try clearing everything, power off->on and the reconnect using the BD.

Hi

I have just cleared the PLC memory and tried again but its still not working.

Did you download your project again, or did you just clear the memory -> power off/on the PLC -> tried to communicate via BD card?

HI

I downloaded a blank project to the PLC. Then cleared the memory. powered off. Powered back on opened my program checked the channel settings in PLC parameters. then downloaded the code to the PLC.

Hi simon Tune RS485 module in PLC Parameter - look picture.

FX3GE_RS485.png

Hi

Thanks

I have just tried the settings as above But still Nothing.

with the FX3G and FX3S PLC's I tried I had the serial set as CH1, Non-Procedural, 7Bit, Even, 1 Bit, 19200, RS-485, Form 1. 

And that was communicating with the drive all ok.

I have the Code set as M8000------------------------------------------------------------ [RS D200 D216 D220 K15]

I also couldn't get the FX3GE PLC  to work with RS232 using the FX3G-232BD card on the front port, 

as per the the FX3-Series_UserManual_DataCommunicationsEdition_JY997D16901-M

I am beginning to think that the front port might not support communication.  As the PLC has in built Ethernet.

Or it needs a different configuration.

But I am unable to get any answers at the moment from our supplier or Mitsubishi.

Do you have the possibility to simply clear all the program/parameters (a clean PLC), and use the 232BD card together with a serial cable to your computer? Then you could test with GW2 to see if you get any communication to the PLC via the dev. software.

Hi

I have just tried that but no communication.

I also tested before connecting the PLC to my laptop with a terminal program running.

The FX3G and FX3S PLC's communicated with the laptop no problem.

But I am unable to get anything from the FX3GE PLC.

Mitsubishi have got back to me and said the only difference is the port has to be set up as CH2 so I might just have a faulty PLC.

Since you cannot communicate with the card with the default settings using GW2, I agree with Mitsu. But maybe just the BD-slot port is defect (not the entire PLC) - but that's hard to know...

In FX3GE the CH1 is used by Ethernet. Use CH2 vor BD-Boards.