Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xxLinkxx

Change year/month/day on panelview plus 7

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone knows why we cant change the date on an application using the system tags? I was able to use the system tags for time and that works fine. however, year,day and month are giving me a write error. (Basically made a screen for the user to change the datae/time instead of going through the terminal settings.
Using RS500
controller: Micrologix 1400
HMI: PV+700
Factory talk studio ME.

11 minutes ago, xxLinkxx said:

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone knows why we cant change the date on an application using the system tags? I was able to use the system tags for time and that works fine. however, year,day and month are giving me a write error. (Basically made a screen for the user to change the datae/time instead of going through the terminal settings.
Using RS500
controller: Micrologix 1400
HMI: PV+700
Factory talk studio ME.

Quick edit, I just realised that the system tags are read only. I am assuming i have to use global connection here. Any insights regarding this would help.

Attached is a brief instruction, created in 2008 (so there may be updates needed for latest software).  In my example, I linked PLC tags to the HMI app so that one could have a password-protected maintenance screen where the user can update the date/time for both the PLC and the HMI.

Work_Instruction_-_Allen-Bradley_Synchronize_PLC_date-time_with_PanelViewPlus[1].doc

Hi Kaiser, would the same rule apply for micrologix? I am using RS500. I will try working on this tomorrow.

Thanks for all your help, i appreciate it. I will do some more digging.