mitsubishi_user

Stacker Crane Controller for AS/RS

4 posts in this topic

I need some inputs on a project I am working on, usually what I see in stacker crane plc based controller is Siemens PLC  using Siemens VFD for the lift  and travel motors. Can we do this in Mitsubishi Setup? Maybe you have experience with this, kindly share it.. Thanks!

Mitsubishi has special inverters for Crane Applications and many PLC controllers which can do this job

Edited by Gambit

Thank you for sharing Gambit. For PLC I have tried browsing Mitsubishi Website but their reference is using Servo System, but what I see often in this application is using VFD using distance measurement device either using barcode or laser.  I also read some literature and found this trajectory control for VFD both for the Travel ( X-Axis) and Lifting ( Y-Axis) for the control of speed, acceleration/deceleration vs time with respect to the starting point to target location and I am still trying to figure out how to translate it into Mitsubishi PLC, maybe you have advanced explanation on this? Thanks..

Check out Mitsubishi FR-A inverters, together with an encoder (which is required for lifting applications). They are very precise, and can safely be used for lifting applications... Just remember to run the VFD autotuning sequence. The FR-A even has a small built-in PLC if you only need some very basic logic.