MollPatrol

1 Input, 3 Outputs

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

Relatively new to PLCs, but this is about my third PLC with Omron.

I'm currently setting up a PLC for a white boat (yacht) to control lights, pumps, fans, etc. I've got a bit of question whether it can be done or not.

Basically what I have is a push button that controls a light, on/off through the same input... I also have these PWM dimmers which are external to the PLC which have a relay for dimming up and down.

Can I have a single push button (1 input - 0.00) to control the light on/off (1 output - 100.00)... then when I hold the button down a flip/flop will either control the outputs for dimming up or dimming down (2 outputs - 100.01 & 100.02) whilst retaining the light on.

PLC is CP1H.

Thanks,

MP

That doesn't sound too difficult, but the logic for Up versus Down may take some thought. You can run a timer (maybe 1 second) from the button input then energize the Up or Down output when the timer expires. The trick is to decide which one you want to energize.

I've used a KEEP with a workbit, and some DIFUs on the Input which will select the either Dim Up or Down.

KEEP
|@| W100.00 ------------|/| W100.01----------------------- W100.01 (SET LINE)

|@| W100.00 ------------|  | W100.01----------------------- W100.01 (RESET LINE)

|  | W101.01 ------------------------------------------------------- OUT 100.01 (Dim Up)

|/| W101.01 ------------------------------------------------------- OUT 100.02 (Dim Down)

I've used a similar logic to turn the light on/off... but I know this isn't what I need...

The problem I have, is keeping the light on (overriding the turn off when it recognizes the button is held).