Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chelton

NJ - Citect communication

4 posts in this topic

I have started a new project with an Omron NJ processor and Citect as the Scada

I have the communications working reading and writing a tag.

i have a few queries that I cannot find the answers too.

1: If I define an array of Int 0-99 and set the AT variable to %D00  I can address D00 - D99 in Citect . Is there a way to cross reference the AT % variables 

2: I seem to be able to read and write outside the %D00 - D99 range. Is there a way of finding what memory/variable is being read/written too?

3: When you have multiple tasks / programs how do you keep track of your FINS variables?

Hello there, I might be incorrect on some things but :

1: If I define an array of Int 0-99 and set the AT variable to %D00  I can address D00 - D99 in Citect . Is there a way to cross reference the AT % variables 
Cross Reference is not possible by for FINS Allocation AFAIK

2: I seem to be able to read and write outside the %D00 - D99 range. Is there a way of finding what memory/variable is being read/written too?

You can refer to the table below (mentioned on NJ501 Specification. You should check on specification for your actual NJ part number). It will depend on you to choose which memory

Variables.JPG.9486c658683c99107501793dc5

3: When you have multiple tasks / programs how do you keep track of your FINS variables?

As mentioned on number 1, you cannot actually monitor/access them as FINS variable. What NJ is doing is just copying the memory to FINS allocation, but variable tracking inside program still using the actual Variable Name.
Since FINS allocated variables should be inside Global Variables, you should be able to access them in every tasks / programs as their original variable name

Edited by innoaloe

Hi innoaloe

So the FINS memory area is a fixed location, and setting the AT is just a pointer to that memory location.

That explains why I can create local variables in different programs with different variable names and reference the same memory location by setting the same AT %

It makes sense now.

thank you

Exactly so