Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Calvert

Do more/DL05 and up Accumulator stack

5 posts in this topic

Is there a link someone could direct me to that may explain using an Accumulator stack with c or v addresses on a touch screen? All AMD products.

Thanks 

I'm trying to understand your question. As far as I can tell you may be wanting to display the current contentts of the accumulator stack on an HMI. Is this correct? As an answer I don't be lieve the stack itself is directly accessable. And I also assume your 'AMD' is AutomationDirect.

Yes AMD is Automation direct, I suppose it could be AD.

I don't really care about the actual pulse counts being displayed on the screen. To much operator info is not good in this application. I have a product name/size that starts in the center of a radio button. There are bigger or smaller counts linked to the other buttons on the radio button. I'd like to use an Accumulator stack instead.

I have 2 steppers that need about 80 different sizes/pulse counts I'm currently using many c addresses and a radio button linked to the c addresses that link to v addresses which link to boxes that have k values that tell the stepper to move thus far.

There are a lot of addresses and a lot of ladder lines which takes up a lot of words. If I could use an Accumulator stack with an up and down button on the touch screen, that should use less words and maybe get away with maybe a DL06 or 5 instead of a Do more. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong direction. 

Maybe I just need to hit the books again. That's where my original post comes in. If there is an instructional link that could be shared, then I may get it.

Thanks for the reply

Edited by Calvert

You didn't mention the HMI you are using. If you are using the CMore display from AutomationDirect then look at 'Recipe Buttons' which, when pressed, can send specific values to the PLC.

Yes I'm using a Cmore. 

I would like to have a button with a value showing product name eg:1/2" =1000 pulses, with a +/- button which will take the value I've set as the +/- bottons eg:200 pulses and apply it to the default 1/2"=1000 pulses size. So push (+) one time and I will get 1200 pulses, push it a second time and get 1400. The new value (1400) stays as the product value and stays as a constant value until later +/- is pushed again. Pushing the 1/2" button in the center will bring me right back to 1000/default value.

One cycle is approximately 2 seconds long restarted via prox switch.

Like I said I think I need to hit the books some more and maybe come up with a different plan. Unfortunately what I'm doing now works fantastic it's just a Labour intensive way of writing code and takes up lots of words. I won't need to re-write all this code again, but down sizing will add profit to making multiples of this project; already onto #4.