denise01

NX-EIC202 Input Address

67 posts in this topic

I am not sure what you are trying to do.  Are you trying to directly reference the I/O bits from the I/O modules from the safety controller?  Or, are you trying to bring the I/O bits into the PLC and then map them over to the safety controller?

To start I want to reference the IO bits from the IO modules from the safety controller which I believe I have to assign through Standard IO but that changes the structure of the safety controller in terms of Byte size.

I think this will be my last post on this subject so I hope I am near to the mark here. I think that the Standard IOs are just used in the EIC202 as a stand alone unit so just the coupler configured on Configurator and the Standard IOs when assigned are just useed in the safety programme, If the CJ2M is connected with the coupler it inputs or outputs to the CXP by using the Symbols in CXP and is primarily used for monitoring. Hopefully some or most of this is true and then I can carry on with some confidence.

Thanks

Peter

Perhaps once they are used in exposed variables they cannot be referenced directly from the CJ.  

Looks like it Crossbow,

I don't understand why Omron do an offer on a stand alone safety cpu and then pass it off as something that is easy to combine with a CJ2M which although I am by no means a programmer seems far too complicated and for all the manuals not too well explained

I have set this up before, but not with exposed variables connected to standard IO and it was a simple setup.  Very little effort on the safety side.  But I guess when you start using the standard IO in the safety project that opens up some issues with double access if they are also shown to the regular network connection.

Yeah that's what I am wrestling with now. The safety side is pretty straight forward its just the Standard IO issue really. I will persevere though as am keen to use the CJ side for monitoring purposes

denise01,

Per the messages that you have sent to me, this is how to map other local I/O values into the safety controller:

1)  Create an exposed variable (I have created denise01Test shown below).  You can do this by either right clicking in the exposed variables and adding a new one (This will also create the Global Variable) or you can go into the Global Variables and choose to expose an already existing variable.

7drBCYBAEATBzT++O01HMAYbPKh6TQj9mLP8MrTX

2)  Next, go to the Standard I/O table and the exposed variable will show up in your list.  You can then choose to assign the variable to another NX-Slice module and then choose a bit as shown below:

VoQwgEAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

It does have to be an input or output that is on that particular node if you are using EtherNet/IP.  If the input or output is on another node, you will need to run the bit through the PLC controller. Like this:

Input to PLC -> ladder logic to change to output bit to NX Safety -> Input bit from PLC to NX (Exposed variable). 

Be aware that as soon as you assign an standard output to be controlled by the NX Safety controller, the CJ Processor can no longer control any of the outputs on that module.  If you need some of the outputs on the module to be controlled by the PLC and some to be controlled by the NX Safety controller, then you will need to pass all of the output bits (from the NX-Safety) through the CJ PLC and then have it control the desired output.

I will remove the test variable from the code and then set it up to communicate with a CJ2H PLC.  I will attach the files in the next post.

I have done the testing and here are my files:

NX EIP Network.nvf

NX Safety Testing.smc2

18 bytes of input will begin at 500 (CIO) in this example. My safety program is a very simple one, the intent here was to show the I/O setup and the network configuration.

One other thing to note: when you upload the NX couple in Network Configurator for EtherNet/IP, the I/O size is listed there:

wdcozVxfwtv8wAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

The above is the size for my next example.

Ok,

In this example, I did not assign the exposed variables to standard I/O modules that are on the same node as the NX Safety Controller.  I simply exposed them so that they would show up in the CJ PLC memory.  So, the assembly sizes went from 18 input bytes and 0 output bytes (in my first example) to 26 input bytes and 6 output bytes in this example.  Here are the files:

NX EIP Network - IO into CJ.nvf

NX Safety Testing IO into CJ.smc2

Many Thanks Michael.

I cant thank you enough. I think the safety side is relatively easy to understand but the CX Mapping is complicated to my level of programming but will utilise the examples that you have provided.

Regards

Peter

Peter had asked to see the symbols (in CX-Programmer) for the above examples in a private message.  Here was my response:

I did not create a .cxp file for this example.  However, the I/O allocation in Sysmac Studio should lay it all out for you:

eELrrUJOwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

So, starting at address 500 (since that is what I pointed at in the Network Config file), using the table above, you would have:

Description Data Type Address
Slave Terminal Status (whole word) Channel 500
Slave Terminal Observation Bit 500.04
Slave Terminal Minor Fault Bit 500.05
Slave Terminal Partial Fault Bit 500.06
Slave Terminal Major Fault Bit 500.07
Error Detection Flag Bit 500.14
I/O Refresh Flag Bit 500.15

Safety CPU Status Channel 501
Normal operating Bit 501.00
Program Operating Bit 501.01
Program No Fault Bit 501.02
Safety Master Connection Status Bit 501.03

… and so on.    

The description is just that, you would need to create a symbol for each point.

Always make shure that you are using version 1.1 of the SL3300 with the EIC coupler.

Hi... as an interested party, and new to the NX-EIC202 Coupler, which I understand it is a Ethernet/IP coupler.   I'm wondering why you are using an ID5442 card, which is intended for the EtherCAT coupler?  Also, the card is mounted next to the power supply?     I'm curious what the model number is, and where that power supply is listed in the Omron literature.

Thanks Regards, Michael

Edited by lamboom

The I/O cards for Ethernet I/P and Ethercat are the same - it is only the coupler that changes. Just started commissioning a large installation before Xmas with a large number of I/O units on a CJ2M-CPU31 and several NX-EIC202 couplers - some quite remote from the PLC in other panels. Works like a charm once you get your head around it.