denise01

NX-EIC202 Input Address

67 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have just acquired a CJ2M Ethernet IP and have connected it to a NX-EIC202 Coupler Unit. Everything as gone well I have set up the Data Tags in Network Configurator. The only problem I have got is that when I go to the CXP programme for the CJ2M I cannot get an input to show up in the programme. The input card is a ID5442 and is the first card next to the power Supply which the manual states as no 1. The manual advises that the Input should be registered as a Word in the Symbols section of CXP but when I apply an input signal to the card I receive no input in the programme although the LED comes on okay on the card. The output works okay if I force it on so perhaps I am looking at this the wrong way. I intend to fit safety relays to the NX. Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Peter

In the Sysmac Studio project for the NX coupler, there is a screen which shows the I/O allocation and explains what the exact layout of the communication packets in and out are.  Does this screen show the right sizes and order of the data?

Hello Crossbow,

I am new to Sysmac Studio and I fear I started off on the wrong foot but am learning. I have a SL3300 Safety CPU and SOD400

and ID800 Safety Input cards plus digital input and output cards. I am doing a standalone  programme  with Sysmac and will then hopefully add the CJ2M with Network Configurator. I have just completed naming the Safety Bools and now I believe I have to map them to my digital I/Os. I take it then I will be able to use the I/Os  and see them in CX programmer?

I must say I think Sysmac is very clever especially for safety. It will not let you cut any corners when you debug the programme. Will persevere anyway. I have done a programme with E Stop FB and EDM FB but cannot get an output from the EDM I think I have to change the state of the inputs as I have just wired them straight to the ID800 to test.

Regards

You don't do anything in the Sysmac side of things as far as naming the I/O for the CJ.  That has to be done in the CJ when you make the variables to connect via EtherNet/IP.  The safety program has access to the modules attached to the same coupler.  The coupler then creates one input tag set and one output tag set, and you need to make tag sets of same size for CJ side.  Then use Network Configurator to connect them.  You will need to understand the layout of the input and output data so your tag sets are in the correct order.

Omron has a couple of quick start guides about the NX-EIC202.  You may want to grab them from their website.

Crossbow,

I am struggling to see what use the CJ side would be. Is it purely for monitoring. For example sending data to a HMI cecause it looks like the I/Os attached to the coupler are purely for the safety side . We recieved a CJ2M with the EIC 202 as part of an Omron offer so assumed that it would be easier to programme. I will do as you advise and read some more information.

Regards

Denise01,

Here is a nice little utility that PMCR created that will allow you to choose the modules that you are using and choose the Address to which you are mapping the beginning of the NX I/O.  It will then lay out all of the addresses for you.

Check it out.  There are a few newer modules that need to be added.  If you do not see your modules, just choose on that has the same I/O count as your module and you should be good.

Many thanks Crossbow and Michael,

I managed to sort out the safety I/Os and the  programme works as a stand alone but when I try to use  Standard I/Os the IEC202 is fine and will react to the programme in it but the connected CJ2M gives an error message D6 so as I thought the CX side is incorrect so will go through the attached PDF file and transfer from CX first and then sort the IEC 202. Hopefully this will enable me to see the bigger picture.

Kind Regards

Hello,

I have followed the PDF about assigning Data Tags and as long as I use Safety Bools there is no problem but as soon as I try to use Standard I/Os and download in to the IEC 202 I get a error code D6 on the CJ2M. tHE NETWORK CONFIGURATOR SAYS THAT THE Input/Output tags are ok and there are no warnings on Sysmac studio. In CXP I have set my symbols as Input 12 Bytes Array 6 and Word 100. Output 2 Bytes Word 0 and as long as I avoid Standard I/Os no problem. When I go to I/O map in safety cpu I only see the SID 800 and SOD 400 cards and their safety I/Os is that correct? I have not used any of the I/Os in the CX Programme yet so maybe that is the problem. I feel I am nearly there but just tripping up on the Standard I/Os.

Regards

Hello again,

I am not sure why but when I try to open up the I/O mapping etc on Sysmac Studio it only displays connect, upload, download and I/O allocation. Surely I should get the same parameter settings as when I open up the Safety CPU?

Regards

What modules do you have connected to the coupler (in order)?  Better yet, export your Sysmac studio project and post it.

ok Michael I am at work early tomorrow so will post. I have done the programme as stand alone safety but do not understand why I am not able to access standard IO map.

Regards

No you will not see the same thing looking at the coupler I/O allocation as the I/O Map in the safety CPU.  The allocation back to the CJ must be the same length as the coupler's required I/O.  The CJ can see all modules, the safety CPU only shows the safety modules in the I/O map.

There is literally nothing you have to set up on the coupler side.  There is no I/O map for the coupler.  The allocation of the packets shared on EIP is fully automatic.  I have no idea why it's not working for you.  I've done it several times without error.

I wrote this up quickly to try and help explain what I've said.

Safety EIP for MRPLC.pdf

Hello,

Please find Sysmac, CXP and Network Configurator. Crossbow I tried to do standard input/outputs previously and as soon as I transfer the CJ2M displays D6 error so maybe something wrong with the symbols in CXP anyway would be grateful for any comments from either of you both.

Regards 

Peters 2210916tryagaingood240916.smc2

Peters latest 230916.nvf

Compacto070716 nx project.cxp

Edited by Jay Anthony
Sysmac, not Syswin

Well, I think that your sizes are correct, but you have a different issue.

Your inputs start at W8 and are 6 words long.  So, they would occupy W8, W9, W10, W11, W12 and W13.  Your outputs are one word long and start at W10.  You have both your inputs and outputs assigned to the same address (W10).  When I open the Network Configurator file, it is blank, so I cannot check that. 

According to the spreadsheet however, you size selections of 12 bytes of inputs and 2 bytes of output are correct.

Hello michael,

I am sorry I sent you the wrong Configurator file.

Please see correct one. I have ammended inputs to W8 and outputs to W14 and have named inputs as W8 in Configurator. Will try again tonight to see if it works.

Regards

FAO Mark.nvf

FAO Mark.cxp

You do not need Studio to set up the EIP I/O/ Attached is a file from a job I set up the other day with Network Configurator. The first block contains 12 x ID5442 and 13 OD5256 plus a couple of power supply units. The second block contains 2 x AD4204 and 4 x DA3203. The third block contains 2 x ID5442, 2 x OD5256, 1 x AD4203 and 1 x DA3203. The fourth block contains 1 x id5442 and 3 OD5256. Additionally blocks 2 ax 3 are connected by ST fibre through Advantech Ethernet/fibre converters. If you have a look at the processor you will find 4 connections that are just named with the channel numbers where I wished to put the inputs and outputs in the PLC (re-mapping). When sizing the blocks for words Configurator tells you what size when online. You will note that I allocated block 1 inputs to channel 0000 in the PLC. The first word is a status word and so the real inputs start at channel 1. I allocated the outputs for block 1 to channel 100 - the first output channel is 100 - no status words for outputs as the status words are inputs of course. And so on for the rest of them.

This is the easiest way by miles and just works.The only thing I have not checked yet are analogue inputs and outputs but they are just words anyway and should not present an issue.

Ruth Everrus.nvf

Many thanks Bob,

I am still getting the error code d6 on the CJ2M and I have reconfigured the inputs and outputs in CXP to W8 Inputs and W14 Outputs. But as soon as I put a standard I/O in the error comes on. Will persevere but very frustrating.

Regards

Try this file: 

FAO Mark MOD.nvf

If it works, I will tell you what I did.  I am not sure that it will make a difference or not.  I am not sure how you created your Network Config file.

Thanks Michael,

It looks similar to what I have tried but will give it a go tonight.

I have used W8 for the EIC202, W9 for the SL3300, W10 and W11 for the SID800, W12 for the SOD400, W13 for the ID5442 and W14 for OD5256 so hope your Configurator combined with this works.

Regards

The error code is still present Michael. It must be the way that I am doing the wording in CXP Symbols for Word 8 and Word 14 do I just put W14 and W8 in the Address Value. I know my IOs are correct because before I add any standard IOs I can get W13.00 to come on in CXP for ID5442 Card. As soon as I put in a standard I/O the error code appears.

I think you have the allocations too close together - there are status words at the start of the inputs - first input channel. There are no status words at the start of the outputs though. In my example with the starting address 0000 word 0000 is a status word - the first real world input word is 0001.

Okay Bob so for example are you saying set the Inputs to W8 and the Outputs to W30.

Yep - something like that. Leave a few free words for status words - these are the first input words. I cannot help with the safety I/O but would assume they may have a status word as well? Have not used safety I/O at all.

The error is still there Bob. Is it a case of going through the IO Allocation for IEC202,  SL3300, SID800, SOD400, ID442 and counting the bits used and then inputting the OD5256 Word?