stathos

Noob asking for a project!

2 posts in this topic

Hello there! Im not sure if i came to the right place but i have to ask! Im new in learning ladder and my teacher decided to lent me a construction to "play" with (photos below). I want to ask if anyone has a lot of free time to give me a very BIG project/exercise for what I have, covering multiple options, if not all possible, and i will do the ladder. Im already thrilled about what i have so I would really appreciate everything! For the ones who can't really see it, its a silo. Thanks in advance!

14193838_10157682899160144_72454973_n.jpg

14249090_10157682899515144_867048467_n.jpg

before you do something big, make bunch of small exercises... since you are in Germany i suspect plc of choice is something from Siemens (which does support ladder - sort of... ).

and for practice, it does not have to be just silo, you can use this to make bunch of other exercises, for example try things like:

1. make sure that each on/off switch can control own lamp (does not get simpler than that), once this works think about scaling up - what if you had 1000 inputs and 1000 outputs, how much code you need to write?

2. make sure that each of push buttons can control own lamp. (flip flop issue). once this works think about scaling up - what if you had 1000 inputs and 1000 outputs, how much code you need to write?

3. make a roulette (chasing lights) , choose variation using one of switches. for example in variant 1 let the light chase at high speed as long as operator has red button pressed, when buton is released, let speed decay and "win" is to have it stop at specific light. variant 2 could be used to test reflexes, use pair of buttons as +/- to set the chasing speed. let user(s) press buttons in any order (one at a time). chase continues for as long as button press was coinciding with corresponding lamp being illuminated. play with friends (or enemies) and see how can make more presses without stopping the chase., variant 3,... well you think of something.

4. do part tracking using bit shift, for example green button inserts part into the system (adds bottle on a running conveyor), red button removes it (rejected part or diverted to another station)

5. create sequencer with bunch of steps (show states using indicators),.expand it so that user can completely reprogram the patterns in entire sequence using only controls in front of him.

6. ...

viel Spass...