Transistor

Omron NX701, Sysmac Studio change array size

9 posts in this topic

How do I edit an array size ARRAY[0..13] OF REAL to ARRAY[0..15] OF REAL?

Sysmac Studio doesn't allow it to be done online, as far as I can see.

If I do it offline and then go online and Synchronise, Transfer to Controller I receive error

Build failed. Fix the highlighted items.

Any ideas?

Can't be done as an online edit.  If you do it offline, build the project, and then download it works fine.

Have to dig this up from the grave.

I am having troubles editing my array size from 45 to 24.  Whenever I change the number to 24 I get a red box meaning error????

Can't seem to find anything to give me a clue as to what I am doing wrong???

Array.jpg

Array 2.jpg

Did you change the array size in the PLC?

I found that if changed properly in the Variable Mapping. It just created two variables after changing the array size in the PLC. I was able to just delete the old one from the Global Variables.

OK, I see that you want to reduce the array to 24. You won't be able to do that from the HMI. It appears to be 45 in the PLC. Why do you need to reduce it?

57 minutes ago, IO_Rack said:

OK, I see that you want to reduce the array to 24. You won't be able to do that from the HMI. It appears to be 45 in the PLC. Why do you need to reduce it?

I am aware that this would not be done from the HMI.  I am trying to change it within Sysmac Studio.  I need to reduce it as there are less battery positions on this particular project.

The variable table in your image above is the table from the HMI. It indicates your PLC value is 45.

Open the Global Variables from the Controller (PLC) and change it.

On 12/3/2019 at 2:50 PM, IO_Rack said:

The variable table in your image above is the table from the HMI. It indicates your PLC value is 45.

Open the Global Variables from the Controller (PLC) and change it.

Thanks @IO_Rack for your help however I am still getting errors?????:shrug:

I am making the changes in the PLC section of the project and when I change it to 24 I get an error as seen in the image.  I cannot seem to locate the "Context Menu"????

Array 3.jpg

This is a little confusing.

Go to the program section(s) where this variable is being used. Open the Variables pane then click on Externals. Scroll down until you see your variable highlighted in red. Right click and choose Update.

I don't understand why Sysmac Studio doesn't just correct this error automatically. It apparently knows what needs to be done to correct it. Maybe there is a good reason for it. :shrug:

I also don't understand why SS must segregate Global Variables in each program section to begin with. Global is Global.

Edited by IO_Rack