Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tiger

Read data in between 2 PLC 67160

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I have 2 system, every system have 2 PLC  (Primary (A or C) and Standby ( B or D)). system 1 connect with system 2 through 2 switch 1 and Switch 2.
I want take data of system 1 into system 2 through switch (switch 1 and switch 2).
I use cread_reg block to read data. Normal,PLC A is primary  and PLC C is primary, i can take data. but if PLC A or PLC C change standby. data won't read.
Can you support me explain my problem.
thank you!

unnamed.png

Hello Tiger, 

sure, it doesn't work after HSBY switching - the IP's on your diagram for STANDBY plc are wrong.

During switching the PRIMARY and STANDBY plc change their IP addresses. So if you read from IP 192.9.200.12 (PLC A PRIMARY), then it's working - right. But if PLC A is in STANDBY modus, then this PLC A get IP address 192.9.201.13 and you CREAD_REQ will not work.

Thank Quant!. Have you way to take data between 2 system?

Hello Tiger,

I see many possibilities:

1) connect both switches

2) use only 1 switch

3) read status of PLC (PRIMAR or STANDBY) and switch the IP address for READ/WRITE blocks

Hi Quant!

- Three your way not realizable.

1.if connect both 2 switchs.network layer address will difference.data don't exchange.

2.the system is designed to operate in 2 network.if use only 1 switch, which is failure, the system won't operate.

3.read status of PLC, the way only effective when use only 2 two system.if suppose add the system and the

system want read data of 2 other system.which one in two system change plc.system won' t change plc according to system have just change.

your problem is following - only 1 plc of each HSBY system is connected to each switch - > that's definitely not normal and I never saw such execution till now.

Normally both switches must be connected and build ring topology to obtain the redundancy.  

your problem is following - only 1 plc of each HSBY system is connected to each switch - > that's definitely not normal and I never saw such execution till now.

Normally both switches must be connected and build ring topology to obtain the redundancy.  

Hi Quant!

System is designed very good. Scada computers will have 2 network card to connected 2 this switch.if 1 network failure, 2 network will work, guarantee system operating is stable.