Raubba

C200H CPU23 MemoryUnit Backup

10 posts in this topic

Hello,

first of all sorry for my english skills. I've got two questions about a 20years old PLC from Omron (C200H CPU23).

This PLC is still working in one of my machines and I have also a second one for the worst case scenario....

Now my Questions:

• If i take the Memory Unit (EEPROM) from the PLC 1 and connect it to the PLC 2 is my machine still running ? Did the PLC copy the programm automaticly from ROM to RAM and

everything is fine?

• I also need a backup of the Memory Unit (c200h-me831). What are my options? Did I need a programming cable, Software (CX-One?) to make a Backup of the Program to a second Memory Unit?

I hope there is someone who worked with this kind of PLC.

Thanks a lot for helping me

Greets Andy

If i take the Memory Unit (EEPROM) from the PLC 1 and connect it to the PLC 2 is my machine still running ? Did the PLC copy the programm automaticly from ROM to RAM and everything is fine?

The first PLC will stop running because the Memory Unit (EEPROM) is the operating memory. There is no RAM in the PLC.

I also need a backup of the Memory Unit (c200h-me831). What are my options? Did I need a programming cable, Software (CX-One?) to make a Backup of the Program to a second Memory Unit?

You will need software and a cable to make a backup.

Way to go Jay!

Not many of us that would be able to answer that question.

Thanks a lot Jay Anthony.

But this means that I can change the raw PLC and use it witch the same Memory Unit if the PLC 1 is damaged?

Do you know what kind of Software I need? Is CX-One Ver. 4 right? Is it right that I need a Host Link for connecting the PLC to my Computer?

Edited by Raubba

But this means that I can change the raw PLC and use it with the same Memory Unit if the PLC 1 is damaged?

Yes, but it will be difficult to find a C200H-CPU23.

Do you know what kind of Software I need? Is CX-One Ver. 4 right?

There are many versions of software  available that will backup the C200H CPU.

Search the web for Syswin.

Is it right that I need a Host Link for connecting the PLC to my Computer?

You will need a compatible Hostlink module.  If you have an available slot in the backplane, you can find C200H-LK201 on ebay.

If you cannot remove a module from the backplane, you will need a 3G2A6-LK201-EV1 CPU-mounted Hostlink.

Thank you,

is it possible to change one of my input-modules from the backplane with the C200H-LK201 to take a backup and after doing that i change it again?

Or is it not possible to upload/download the program when there is one module missing which is used by the program?

22 hours ago, Raubba said:

This PLC is still working in one of my machines and I have also a second one for the worst case scenario....

@Jay Anthony, he already has a spare.  :-)

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 0:57 AM, Raubba said:

is it possible to change one of my input-modules from the backplane with the C200H-LK201 to take a backup and after doing that i change it again?

Yes, it is possible.

Or is it not possible to upload/download the program when there is one module missing which is used by the program?

This will be OK.

Theres another question...

Can i use in any case the "Syswin" Software to take a backup or just in the case the PLC was programmed with Syswin?

If the Eprom of the PLC is programmed with CX-Programmer then I need CX-Programmer for the Backup?

You can use either Syswin or CX Programmer for backup.  The PLC program will be the same.