Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Davka

Datalogging with FX5U and GS2110

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I would like to use the logging function in the GS2110 to collect some information. We have a pump where the flow is monitored via flowmeter. I would like to log a step response where I set the pump speed to some value and log the corresponding flow.

Mitsubishis manual does give some information but it's not very clear. Has anyone done this and maybe have an example to share?

Best regards,

David

I haven't used the GS variant of the GOT but I assume you use the same GT Designer 3. It's relatively straightforward you just add a new logging function in the project tree on the left and register a device or group of devices in the PLC. If you select "sampling" the devices will be logged by the got at the specified interval. In the file save tab you can choose to store the data points in the internal memory or in a usb stick etc. Click on "output additional file" and you can have the data backed up to CSV files at set times. If a CSV file gets full it automatically creates a new one. The GOT treats all the data points as one structure distributed across the files and will automatically move between them if you are viewing/plotting them on the GOT. You do not need to do any file management programs.

In the library there are pre-built keypads for operating plots and data lists.