SB

Allen Bradley AI Card 1756-IF16 not reading full scale

2 posts in this topic

Dear All

I'm facing a problem with Allen Bradley PLC System. We are using a redundant I/O and redundant controller configuration of Allen Bradley ControlLogix 5000 series. In one of the AI card, on channel 0, following configuration is made:

Input type: 0 to 5V
High Range: 5V
High EU: 20,000
Low Range: 1V
Low EU: 4000

There is a gas detector connected to this channel which is supplying 4-20mA. What I observe is that when we simulate this channel using our mA calibrator, the raw counts does not increase more than 10,000. Why it is happening? Why the raw counts are not going upto 20,000 as configured in the channel configuration. Any help will be appreciated.

13 hours ago, SB said:
Dear All

I'm facing a problem with Allen Bradley PLC System. We are using a redundant I/O and redundant controller configuration of Allen Bradley ControlLogix 5000 series. In one of the AI card, on channel 0, following configuration is made:

Input type: 0 to 5V
High Range: 5V
High EU: 20,000
Low Range: 1V
Low EU: 4000

There is a gas detector connected to this channel which is supplying 4-20mA. What I observe is that when we simulate this channel using our mA calibrator, the raw counts does not increase more than 10,000. Why it is happening? Why the raw counts are not going upto 20,000 as configured in the channel configuration. Any help will be appreciated.

Why is the input range set to 0-5V if you are connecting a 4-20mA input to it? The CLX PLC is not a SLC. You aren't stuck with using archaic card scaling methods. 

Try this:

Input Range: 0 mA to 20mA

Low Signal: 4mA
Low EU: 0.0

High Range: 20mA
High EU: 100.0 If it's a gas detector then it's output is scaled to %LEL. The High EU value needs to be the maximum %LEL of the detector

Edited by Michael Lloyd