Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
asteroide

1761-NET-DNI Replacement?

4 posts in this topic

Hello Friends

I need to communicate a 5/03 PLC with a Micrologix 1400, to send and receive some bits and integers between both PLCs.

Int the 5/03 the channel 0 is used by a Panelview.

The 5/03 PLC has a 1747-SDN Devicenet scanner, so I have thought in a 1761-NET-DNI connected to the micrologix 1400.

But, 1761-NET-DNI have been discontinued from 2013. I have ask to AB for a replacement but i have not receive response.

Do you know a replacement for this interface?

o maybe another way to communicate 5/03 with ML1400?

Thanks in advance.:)

I think most of us would agree that staying away from device net is best when avoidable.  Its just a pain.  I'm not even sure you could do what you wanted using device net between the two processors.  There is a device that will allow you to connect to your SLC via ethernet.  1761-net-eni (if my memory serves me).  It would require modifying the panelview to talk tot he SLC via ethernet, but it should also allow both PLC's to communicate.  Of course if you have the I/O, you could always go I/O to I/O if its just a few points.  Not sure about the DH485 port on the SLC.  Anyone know if that could be used to communicate with the 1400?

To use Devicenet is not mandatory, just is an option that I think.

I have to do that in 2 similar machines, the other machine has a 5/04 PLC and Micrologix 1400.

The problem is that the channel 0 is used by the Panelview, when i have to connect the PC to the 5/04, I have to disconnect the panelview and when i have to connect to the panelview, i have to disconnect the PLC.

Is it posible to connect the 1761-NET-ENI through the same port than the panelview in the 5/04? (The panelview just have 1 port).

Another issue that i see, is that the 1761-NET-ENI will be discontinued in few months.

On the other hand, Could I use DH485 to connect 5/04 and ML1400 and the panelview directly? Should I use some adapter/isolator?
I have never used DH485 networks, just point to point.

Thanks again:)

The 1761-NET-ENI has reached end of life is no longer available.

The good news is that a functional replacement is offered by an Encompass Partner.

Take a look at Aparian's DF1 Router.

It can be used for programming and redirecting DF1 serial comms to and from EtherNet/IP.