Park Shin Hye

Light SCADA request

12 posts in this topic

Hi all, 

How are you? Hope everything goes well with all of you. 

I have a small project that involves only 2 PLCs and around 500 objects or tags. End user does not require HMI graphics of factory operation. Basically the system only need to collect data from the instruments, and generate reports automatically. So, I was wondering is there such really "light" SCADA system to serve this kind of production? Because if possible I wish to implement using only basic workstation machine, since its work load is supposed to be very light. 

I am glad to have your comment. Thank you so much.

What you need then is data logging software, not a SCADA package.  There are many options available depending on the PLC and communication capabilities.

1 person likes this

Hello,

PeakHMI might fit your needs.

1 person likes this

Hi Park Shin Hye,

I agree that somehow data logging software seems like what you might need for now. But just to avoid in the future that your end user "suddenly" wanted to add in HMI screens or any GUI, then you have to redo the whole thing.

I suggest you to check out Ecava IntegraXor, it is a very light SCADA leaving no burden to your system. I saw you mentioned about implementing it on basic workstation, and you can read in IntegraXor website where they tested the SCADA with mini computer run as the server, which is something quite interesting for me.

Good luck.

1 person likes this

Hi Park Shin,

I am new to this forum, and was just browsing through a variety of topics.  You may have already found your solution as I see the last post was a month ago, but I thought I would provide a solution that I represent just in case.   First off I agree with Crossbow that really as it stands now what you are looking for is more of a data logging software. What PLC are you using, b/c some PLCs out there have utilities that allow you to take the data and send them out over Ethernet to some local server.   Also do you want to store the data locally on a PC that is on the machine?    

We have a "light SCADA" package that allows you to do data logging, historian, SQL support etc. for about $1000 (unlimited tags & screen), but again as Crossbow stated there will be even more cost effective data-logging software packages you can use.   Our solution will also have HMI graphics support in case you need that down the road JohnnyG pointed out.  Hope this helps.  http://www.ezautomation.net/ezfanlesspc/pdfs/About-uWin-SCADA.pdf

dear PArk Shin Hye

make datalogging system with touch panel is Something very easy to do. I use to do it : our systems are gathering data : measures, events and alarms. Then we can display them in the same screen so that you can see the bad effect on the measure if an alarm occurs 

Capture.PNG

I am using AdvancedHMI to log data to a sql database. If you know sql, it's easy to generate reports. It's very simple to use and if you are familiar with .Net VB or C#, you can have it up and running in no time. Also it's free and an excellent product with great user support.

Just my 2 cents...

I've used Bizware: it is very simple and connects to almost any PLC. It starts at $300 and up.

Hi,

definitely worst checking is mySCADA, it is written in C++ so is really fast with small memory footprint. Uses HTML5 and SVG. Connects to almost any PLC but also to databases.

Link is here mySCADA