Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oystein

One NJ and two NA5

5 posts in this topic

Hi

Are there any possible ways of taking the data logging and Alarm function out of the screen and into the PLC? 

I am going to run the PLC with two screens and need to be able to reset alarms for the whole system on both screens and take down eighter of the screens without stopping the other screen.

Are there any possible ways of taking the data logging and Alarm function out of the screen and into the PLC? 

Don't really get what are you trying to say here... Data Logging and Alarm are common features on any HMI/TouchScreen.

I am going to run the PLC with two screens and need to be able to reset alarms for the whole system on both screens and take down eighter of the screens without stopping the other screen.

Yes, it's possible. Every HMI is acting as communication master. It only talks to the PLC and doesn't talk to each other. So, removing one HMI won't be a problem when needed.

NJ has full alarm capabilities built in, the troubleshooter offers a page for user defined alarms.  Look at the SetAlarm function block to get started.  There are others that go with it.

As for data logging, you may be able to do that to a CSV file in the memory card with a bit of programming.  There are commands to read and write files to the memory card.

12 hours ago, Crossbow said:

NJ has full alarm capabilities built in, the troubleshooter offers a page for user defined alarms.  Look at the SetAlarm function block to get started.  There are others that go with it.

How can i bring these User Errors/ User events to the NA screen(User Alarms Viewer) ? 

The built in troubleshooting screen, same one you use to see PLC errors.