simon72post

FX3S ERR light flashing

13 posts in this topic

Hi

I'm hoping someone can help with my PLC ERR light flashing problem.

I recently purchased a fx3s PLC and have been learning to program it.
using gxworks 2 ver1.98c with the project set for a FX3G CPU.

And all has been working fine until this morning.

The PLC has now got a flashing err light.
I am able to connect the computer to the PLC over USB and they communicate OK. As before.
However I am unable to write a program to the PLC. 
I have also tried to run a PLC diagnostic test. But get an error message.

"The PLC type set in the project is different from the one set in the connected PLC. 

Please match the PLC to the one actually connected."

I have checked the project change PLC type and it is set as a FX3G as per the project.

Is there a way to do a factory reset on the PLC. Or has anyone got any Idea I can try to fix it.

Thanks

But the project should be for an FX3S not an FX3G

Edited by Gambit

HI

I don't have the option FX3S in  gxworks 2 ver1.98c .

In the end. I think the problem was with the rs232 module in gxworks2 causing a problem.

I connected to the PLC in GXdeveloper, where I was able to communicate with the PLC. then I was able to load a basic program in to the PLC which worked.

And cleared the problem.

So its working fine again.

1 hour ago, simon72post said:

I have checked the project change PLC type and it is set as a FX3G as per the project.

Is there a way to do a factory reset on the PLC. Or has anyone got any Idea I can try to fix it.

That was a hazardous action to write FX3G parameters and program into FX3S PLC.

It's difficult to give an advice, when do not see the current pictures by own eyes (a PLC reaction onto the action). Easier would be to try to care the PLC remotely.

Send me PM and I'd try to help you to make the PLC alive.

Hi Simon,

PLC change should be possible in GXWorks2 see attached picture. I've checked it in version 1.501X on my old desktop. In Europe there is al ready a newer version available. (V 1.535H)

If your version is outdated I advise you to visit the Mitsubishi portal to register your software. You will receive automatically e-mail notification messages if there is a newer version available for your serialnr. and get a free update.

Best regards,

Theo V.

FX1s PLC Change.JPG

Edited by Theo V

Theo, last I knew software updates were not free, Mitsubishi US sells yearly software maintenance plans.

@TheoV

The way, you propose to get software updates, give principally an information about updates and updates, that are not actual for a long.

@Crossbow

The latest updates are available for free from manufacturer's website after registration there. For European software packets the latest are:

GXD8     191Z

GXW2    545T

GXW3    026C

Hi Crossbow,

I think in Europe we are more Lucky than the US. After registration updates are for free, upgrades (new software) you have to buy.

Best regards,

Theo V.

The link Inntele gave is to the Japanese site.  You need an account to download from that.  What did you guys do, just translate it on the web browser?

5 hours ago, Crossbow said:

What did you guys do, just translate it on the web browser?

Yes, Crossbow. For something, that can not be translated, intuitive conclusions might be done.

Also, when you are filling any form at that site, is need to take in mind, that the traditional japanese writing was from right to left. So the destination of buttons in any input form: "Confirm" is the left/orange, "Cancel" is the right/grey.

P.S.

Melsoft List main page

Some software update pages: GXW3 , GXW2 , GXD8

Edited by Inntele
Adding the links

These updates wont work on the European versions though. European version are slightly different.

For instance they support the integration of GX Config DP inside of GX Works 2

Gambit, these are updates for european (english) versions of software, and it works.

It  shouldn't work the Japanse website only offers the english world wide versions.