27 posts in this topic

On 8/3/2016 at 6:58 AM, TWControls said:

Also just because output 3 is not in the program does not mean  the program does not have it turned on. If it was on when someone deleted output 3 then it would still be on in the data table. If it is not controlled in the ladder program, check out the data file and see if it had a 1 in the address.

I agree check the output table the address could be set to 1 in the table. The address does not have to be in the actual ladder logix to be set high.

Edited by ladiesandtech

Technically... inputs don't get stuck on. There's a button, safety curtain, limit switch, or some discrete device that is wired to the input to cause it to be on UNLESS it's an unused point that has been toggled on or a point that has been forced on (I don't recall if inputs can be forced true in an ML1000. I think not but it's worth checking. See the last paragraph).

Output 9 is a "tie lamp". If you don't see a lamp turned on check to see if the fuse or bulb is good. Or if it exists. 

Output 3 is the door close output

Look at rung 15 and 16 in the main routine. That's where the "tie light", whatever that is, is turned on and off.

What do you see when you look to the right of No Edits up on the left side above the Project tree? Forces Enabled? What is above that? It should say No Forces. Maybe the input has been forced on? Personally I don't leave forces in my programs except under the rarest cases and even then it bugs me.