tranthanhtung

Gateway PLC + PC

18 posts in this topic

Dear all,

I would like connecting to send/receive data between PC and PLC (AnS-PLC) as diagram (image attach)

However, I have not device type/module ethernet to connect Optical filber ... (From (2) to (7))

If you have idea about these module or documentation, please share it for me.

Best regard!

Diagram.png

The only fiber networks I know Mitsubishi has that can connect to that gateway PLC is CC-Link IE Control or MELSECNET/H. This should be no problem for the Q. You need CCL-IE or MELSECNET/H network modules on the Q CPU and gateway. Or you can connect straight to a PC with a PCI interface card.

The A series is a problem though because it is extremely difficult to get any parts for it now, even second hand. You could use the serial port on the A to send data to the Q which can then be forwarded to the gateway. But the best thing to do would be to upgrade the A to a Q. It's relatively easy to convert the A program so it can be used on a Q and you can support the comms to the gateway. The cost of replacing would probably be small compared to the long downtime you could face if the A stops working.

1 person likes this

Thank you Luke.S

As you comment, I think the upgrade GOT (GT15) to connect Ethernet is good method, isn't it?

It costs is small than upgrade A Series to Q Series then add more module for Q Series to connect with PC, right?

Yes. If I couldn't upgrade the A that's what I would do. Connect a GOT 1000 to the A and then you have some options to communicate with Ethernet. Some GOTs can even connect directly to a CC-Link IE fiber network. I would get a GOT2000 model if you can though. GOT1000s are being phased out.image.png.9faf3616f99243199f1f3c7845d541

1 person likes this

In this case, It's current system.

It can't connect ethernet and I would like upgrade its to connect ethernet.

So, I would like ask what module that I add to this system and it can connect ethernet.

And, If A Series can't, I have F-Series can upgrade or not?

Sorry do you mean the A series is already currently connected to a GOT? That must be via serial right?

Is that an Fx-3 series? That maybe could replace the A by converting the software to it but it really depends on the complexity of the application. You can definitely get modules including Ethernet for it.

If it's Fx-2, that is on the way out but you might still just get modules for it.

Does the Q not already have an ethernet port? If not that's easy to add with one of these units:

image.thumb.png.890d9a42b6b5ecb656041b28 

Thanks Luke.S

Perhaps, I mistake explain for you

*** Current system (2 machine)

(1) A Series( A2-USH CPU )  -- GOT1565

(2) FX Series  - GOT1565

--> I'm want to connect and get data from this machine to PC via Ethernet.

And, I have not yet method to connect this machine and PC to cheapest.

I also think add more device/module, but I've not clear these module.

If you have experience about case, please share them for me.

Thanks so much!

Two GT15-J71E71-100 adapters should help you to connect both HMIs (and their PLCs) to a copper wire Ethernet: http://dl.mitsubishielectric.com/dl/fa/document/manual/got/ib0800314e/ib0800314ei.pdf 

If you need to build an optical fiber network, you should use Ethernet-to-Fiber converters by a third party. Another way is to build MelsecNet-H optical: http://dl.mitsubishielectric.com/dl/fa/document/catalog/got/l08087eng/l08087engd.pdf

Thanks for your rely

About methods that you said:

1. GT15-J71E71-100     ==> We need add more device:

- Change bus connect between GOT15 and PLC (current using A-Bus)

- To using GT15-J71E71 for GT15, we also add FNB card, right?

2. If Using MelsecNet-H, we will change almost structure

==> I think it's not good.

I propose other method, I change HMI type for cost.

So, I would like change GOT's mitsubishi to GP3000 series proface.

and, seem, I only need convert HMI of GOT to GP3000.

However, I'm not clear cable type that to connect GOT/PLC Mitsubishi and GP3000 (proface) because GP3000 has only port RS232.

22 minutes ago, tranthanhtung said:

- To using GT15-J71E71 for GT15, we also add FNB card, right?

I'm not an expert in Mitsubishi HMIs, so may be anybody, who are familar with this HMI, could give you a correct answer. But what I read in the document: "An option function board (GT15-FNB or GT11-50FNB) is built in the following GOTs: GT15 - All models". So even you need it, it's already built-in.

33 minutes ago, tranthanhtung said:

I propose other method, I change HMI type for cost.

So, I would like change GOT's mitsubishi to GP3000 series proface.

and, seem, I only need convert HMI of GOT to GP3000.

However, I'm not clear cable type that to connect GOT/PLC Mitsubishi and GP3000 (proface) because GP3000 has only port RS232.

If you like to replace the GOT HMIs to another, I'd recommend to look at Kinco products. Some of their HMIs has built-in RS422 and Ethernet ports onboard.

Thanks for your recommend

We've pro-face and it's many port (1 Ethernet + 1 USB + 1RS-232_male + 1RS232 female)

So, I'm want to use

1 Ethernet  --> PC

1 RS232 ---> GT1565  (But, I don't know type cable to connect between HMI)

If you have any comment, pls share it for me.

Best regards!

Pretty sure the Proface can't talk to the GOT, it has to talk directly to the PLC.

Thanks for your reply,

I still ask more question, we can connect parallel GOT & Proface to PLC or not?

Are you connecting the GOT serial to the main CPU like the attached photo? Or to a serial card?

image.thumb.jpeg.0a959a4fde8190fbcb93f06

Sorry, I reply later

Current, I already connect as below,

It's difference with your image

Untitled.png

Ah I see. The GOT is connected to the bus on the base unit. That explains the 32 special points

Now I understand the problem. You want to add an Ethernet function card to the GOT like Inntele mentioned but the expansion slot is already used by the bus communication unit. And the main CPU module does not have a serial port, right?

It's difficult to find a solution for that because it is very hard to get a serial card for the A series now.

Does the GT1565 have the RS-232 port available?

Yes, GT1565 have still the RS-232 port available.

And, ... It's difficult to find a solution for that.

I am using GT15-J71E71-100 & GT15-FNB to send/receive data between GOT and PC, now.

However, GT15-FNB is the end of product; we can't order this item.

I also don't know that why need GT15-FNB to from GOT to PC;

Actually, I still "ping IP address" from PC to GOT; but PC can't connect via Mx-Component & FTP to get data in GOT