Chris Elston

DeviceNET Master Simulator

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever found a DeviceNET Master simulator they like or have used? I have a need to test several DeviceNET slaves. I would also like to toggle some of the I/O using the simulator in the DeviceNET slave. I see a couple online, but I am wondering if anyone has tried any of these.

Would be super handy if I could also test CC-LINK and PROFIBUS with the same type of kit or same brand of master simulator.

Looks like Anybus has one for DNet Master.  Not that I have ever used it, but Anybus tends to be very solid with all of the various products and interfaces I've ever purchased from them.

http://www.anybus.com/products/products.asp?PID=103&ProductType=Master%20Simulator

Also looks like they have one for Profibus.  Hard to tell if it's the same platform as DNet, but probably a different adapter.  Not sure about CC-Link

Edited by pcmccartney1

I saw that one and two more, but I was wondering if anyone had tried these products and what they thought about them. I am getting a quote on the Anybus one.

Chris look at Real Time Automation the have some nice hardware based systems. The 460 can be used as a Dnet master. Not a simulator but cost effective.

Jeff,

Purchased the Anybus one. It works great. Easy to use. No more setting up RS Networks just to check DeviceNET slaves...thank gawd...