Stuartjl

Prosoft MVI69-MCM RS485 connection

7 posts in this topic

Hi, Does anyone know the R485 pinouts for the RJ45 ports on this modbus card. I've read the manual it suggests the pin 1 is non-inverting and pin 8 is inverting, but that's with a DB-9 to RJ45.

Thanks, Stuart

One thing I hate when I post a question on a forum is when "that guy" posts back - RTFM :)

That said, on page 149 and 150 of the manual for the card it gives you the pinout of the DB9 (page 149) and the pinout of the RJ45 to DB9 adapter cable that comes with the card (page 150). They are pinned 1-1, 2-2, etc 9 is the shield

So for RS-485

Pin 1 Tx/Rx D+

Pin 5 GND

Pin 8 Tx/Rx D-

45 minutes ago, Michael Lloyd said:

One thing I hate when I post a question on a forum is when "that guy" posts back - RTFM :)

That said, on page 149 and 150 of the manual for the card it gives you the pinout of the DB9 (page 149) and the pinout of the RJ45 to DB9 adapter cable that comes with the card (page 150). They are pinned 1-1, 2-2, etc 9 is the shield

So for RS-485

Pin 1 Tx/Rx D+

Pin 5 GND

Pin 8 Tx/Rx D-

Thank you for your reply. I needed a bit confirmation that this was right, as the wiring will be using the RJ45 port to panel input/outputs for each core of the RJ45.

Just curious- have you ever used a Red Lion DSPGT to communicate between a CLX PLC and serial device? Cost is under $1,000.00 and it works pretty well. It will let you use the tag database in the CLX PLC

Just now, Michael Lloyd said:

Just curious- have you ever used a Red Lion DSPGT to communicate between a CLX PLC and serial device? Cost is under $1,000.00 and it works pretty well. It will let you use the tag database in the CLX PLC

No, but looks a nice piece of kit, i've used something similar in the past but not as useful.

I use quite a few of the DSPLE's and really like the versatility! I think they run about $500 from our local supplier. And as Michael said, we use ours to make the serial/Modbus communicate directly to the CLX. The DSP's also can log, via FTP or directly to an SQL database, according to your needs.

On 2016/7/26 at 9:57 PM, Stuartjl said:

You can find products like this from allicdata.

On 2016/7/26 at 9:57 PM, Stuartjl said: