Oz-car

Keyence Lasers

3 posts in this topic

If anybody can help me set up Keyence on PLC or has experience with Keyence products?

It would be helpful to know which Keyence laser (and controller) as well as the PLC manufacturer and type.  Don't forget to tell us how the plc will get the values from the laser (analog signal or communication network).  It might be helpful to explain a little about your application.  There is a lot of experience on this forum, but we need details in order to provide the best help.

You sent me info stating that you are using the IL 100 with a 1768-L43 CompactLogix and were asking about an EDS file.  First, the IL 100 is just the sensor from what I see on the Keyence website.  It looks like there is an amplifier that should go with it, an IL1000.  When I looked at the info for that module, it looks like it has standard digital outputs for pass/fail and an analog output for measurement.  I do not see a network option that would require an EDS file.  What is your plan for interfacing the sensor to the PLC?  I am not an expert in this particular sensor, but these are the things I see.