Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cavayiro

Which software will be perfect for my project ?

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm in my last year of studing, and I have realise my project in automation and supervision.

so, in the society, we have more than 20 machines commanded by 2 motors , these motors are controlled by 3 Variable Speed Drives.
The problem is that i don't know which software of "automation and supervision"  must I use to program that and create an easy interface  ? can I use RSLogix500 ?

Thank you all for your helps.

I believe you are asking...what software package can you use to develop an automation project.  Correct?

First off, you will need to break down your specification further.  By knowing the SPECIFICATION of the system, one can select what is POSSIBLE (i.e., not every VFD manufacturer has a VFD for all AC motor HP sizes).

You will need the motor HP sizes so that you can select manufacturers for the VFDs.  I question 3 VFDs controlling 2 motors - this is not plausible in my experience.

Next, PLC selection.  This is driven by the specification - if not, integrators select what they are proficient with.  

Last, HMI selection.  Either the operator interface is hardwired pushbuttons or a HMI (touchscreen) or PC (SCADA).

If you were hoping for one software package to do everything, I am not aware of such a package.  Rockwell/Allen-Bradley will have different packages for every part of this solution.

thank you for you respone.

There is 20 machines (Wood Splitter Machines) divided to 3 zones (7-7-6), and we have 3 motors for aspirate and ventilate the wood waste to a determineted place.
there 3 motors are controled by 3  variable speed drives (you're right).  that all what i have. also, the power, capacity, model of these materiels.

Can help me sir to know what i have to do ? starting by what ?

Thanks sir for you help.

What is your objective, to design the machine control system as a project?

The WHAT should have been covered in your studies.  As a machine designer, one must start by making a motor list and a I-O list.  The first question for a machine designer...what is my power requirement?  Since you are in France, I would suspect 400VAC/50Hz.  You are in essence building a new machine by designing the electrical schematic set.

@kaiser_will  Thank sir for you help .
Now, I know the I/O of Drives and Motors and all machines, and I know their characteristic  (power, capacity,..) what should i do now ?

What is your objective?

The end user/customer has not specified a particular control system platform to use?  If not, then you go with what you have knowledge of.  If this is your first design, this is an ambiguous question that is difficult to answer with vague responses.  The amount of information you have put forth is limited and vague.  Amount of work in => quality of product out.