cavayiro

Programation problem

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm in my last year of studing, and I have realise my project in automation and supervision.

so, in the society, we have more than 20 machines commanded by 2 motors , these motors are controlled by 3 Variable Speed Drives.
The problem is that i don't know which software of "automation and supervision"  must I use to program that and create an easy interface  ? can I use RSLogix500 ?

Thank you for your helps.

It depends on the equipment that is doing the control.  You need to look at the individual pieces and determine the manufacturer and model before the software can be determined.  Are these machines already built?  If so, then what is the manufacturer of the controller, drives and human machine interface (if any)?  RSLogix500 is the software used for Allen Bradley's SLC and Micrologix programmable logic controllers.  I also don't understand something:  you mention two motors, but three variable frequency drives.  I have seen multiple motors controlled by a single drive, but not vice versa.

thank you for you respone.

There is 20 machines (Wood Splitter Machines) divided to 3 zones (7-7-6), and we have 3 motors for aspirate and ventilate the wood waste to a determineted place.
there 3 motors are controled by 3  variable speed drives (you're right).  that all what i have. also, the power, capacity, model of these materiels.

Can help me sir to know what i have to do ? starting by what ?

Thanks sir for you help.

I don't work in the industry that you do but the very first thing I do when I start a new project is to build an IO list based on the control system platform that I am going to use. I write and document (always document your program) the program FROM the io list. My IO list is a lot more than just of io. It has transmitter ranges, alarms and shutdowns, and a cause and effect.  

You mentioned 3 motors. Surely there is more than that? Conveyors? Valves or some way to control in feed and/or out feed? Pumps? Blowers? Your project is not so simple as three motors.

I've attached a sample IO sheet. It won't fit your application but it should give you an idea for the thought process that goes into developing a program

Pump Station IO Sheet.xls

Edited by Michael Lloyd