Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JimR

Word Lamp with Command Button Question in NB Designer

3 posts in this topic

Hi I am having trouble programming something I thought would be simple. I am using Word Lamp to display 6 different images ie. 6 states.  I have 5 Command Buttons. When pressed each one causes a different image to be loaded . What I want is the 6th image to display when the command buttons are released and before they are pressed. Unlike Bit Button which has a momentary setting , Command Button can only set a state. I wish it had a momentary feature so the state value could  be set when pressed and return to 0 when released. I hope I am being clear with what my issue is .  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

I was able to solve this with a Timer and simple Macro however this issue led to another mystery and if anyone can tell me what is going on here I would really appreciate it.  The Touch Trigger is not working the way I expect it to work. When I put a Bit Button set to Momentary and Bit Lamp on a screen and set the Bit Button sending LB0 and the Lamp reading LB0 if I press the Button the Lamp comes on when the Button is down as I would expect. If I then put a Touch Trigger on the screen that responds to LB0 and OFF > ON as the trigger condition when I press the Button the Touch Trigger appears to immediately reset the Button and Lamp to 0. The Touch Trigger is not over either the Lamp or Button. I though the Touch Trigger only reads an input then activated something under it. I don't understand why it feeds back to the Button controlling it. Please can anyone shed light on this as I obviously don't understand the Touch Trigger to work the way I thought it did??

Just a note for anyone else having trouble with the touch Trigger. I confirmed with Omron that this is a bug that will hopefully be fixed in future versions of NB Designer.

Jim