Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wordman

Quantum ProWORX NxT Question

9 posts in this topic

I am trying to Force discretes in the data watch window, but proworx informs me that the plc is in "Monitor" mode or something of that nature. The PLC is in normal RUN mode, and I looked in the Tools>Monitor, and it was not monitoring. What does it mean, and how do i rectify it? Also, does the order of drops in the traffic cop matter? I seem to have some I/O issues, and am using an RIO module with 3 drops. Does anyone know of a way to learn drops in the traffic cop rather than doing it manually?

Click "Monitor" on the status bar at the bottom of the screen to toggle monitor mode

ProWORX NxT has two online modes. Online Monitor and Online Program. In online monitor all you can do is watch the PLC program, in online program you can force points or edit the program. At the bottom of the screen should be a button with the word MONITOR on it. Click that to change it to PROGRAM. You can also change it in the Preferences under Default Online Mode. Keep in mind too that when in ONLINE mode is NxT you are directly looking at and modifying the PLC program, not the database on your computer. Changes made while online will NOT be reflected in your computer copy of the program when you return to offline. You'll have to upload to make sure the programs match. One wonderful feature of Modicon's 984 software... The database is only updated when offline...

Thanks for the help on the monitor issue. Still having issues with my I/O. Any tips on troubleshooting the traffic cop? Links or insight would help

Some more info on the actual problems you're having would be really helpful. We can't offer suggestions until we know what problems you are having. Can you provide more detailed info?

Sorry Chris, my main question was just if ProWORX NxT could learn drops online. But if you want me to go further in depth, if you want to give some suggestions, that would be great! I am using a Quantum Head, with 2 seperate RIO Drops. I have the following drops in my traffic cop set up with the cards: Head 0 (Local) > Drop 1, Rack 1. Head 5 (Remote) > Drop 2, Rack 1. Head 5 (Remote) > Drop 3, Rack 1. When I power up, and go online, in the traffic cop, the cards in the remote drops have yellow question marks and say "card programmed isn't present in rack". The local rack appears normal. I double checked and the part numbers are correct, so it seems like it is some configuration issue within my traffic cop? When I look at the CRP and CRA modules, the "Ready" lights are on. The coax cables go through a tap and are connected securly. Should something else be blinking if this is working correctly? What things can I run through to troubleshoot this further? Edited by Wordman

I hope it's a typo, but you mentioned 2 Head 5s. How many CRP modules are you using, and in what slots on the master rack? You can't put a CRP in a remote rack. The ? marks are because it's not communicating correctly. If the network was operational, there would be an COM ACT light on the CRP and CRA modules. Do you see red ERROR A or ERROR B lights? Is this a CRP931 or 932? If you want to email a copy of the program I can take a quick look.

Hey chris, I appreciate it. I got the drops communicating now though. I had enough segments, but both dip switches were set to 2 on the drop modules. I set the one i had configured for 3, and it works fine. No that wasn't a typo, in NxT, your remote drops are are set under Head 5 (Remote) Now I have issues communicating with my HMI! (XBTF over modbus+) It's one thing after another i tell ya. No comm error, it just doesnt' seem to be updating the dialog table. There are no cable errors, and the values aren't X'd out like when you aren't reading from a PLC. But it reads all the values as 0. I have an inkling it was reading from the standby controller (redundant hot standby system) but I didn't have time to test this further. I'm goign out this afternoon to do jsut that. But, under PLCs online on the XBT system menu, it shows the XBT and only one MASTER. Would the XBT know which processor to access?

Give the software the address of the main Quantum processor. When the hot standby system switches CPUs, it changes their addresses. Typically if your address on the switches is 1, then the second PLC is default to like 41. When hot standby switches control, it swaps those two addresses so all remote devices are still talking to the correct CPU.