DJ

pushbutton Panelview Plus 600 Pushbutton Issue

6 posts in this topic

We have a Panelview Plus 600. One of our panels is labeled "Motor Control," in charge of turning on/off different pumps. The problem is while the system is running, clicking the on/off button will not turn any pump off. When the system is shut down, the pumps can be turned on and off but not when the system is running. I'm trying to shut off one pump without shutting the whole line down. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

There are 2 keys to understanding  how your pump control functions...the HMI button (maintained or momentary) and the PLC logic.  Can you post a screenshot of the PLC code?

Unfortunately I don't know how to access the PLC code.

Without access to the PLC code you are essentially spinning your wheels. You must require access to the code to be able to properly design and implement HMI applications.

Is the PV trying to control a address like I:1/0 or an address like B3:1/0? The card slot numbers can vary but for a soft push button to work it cannot be trying to control a real world I/O, because when the button is pushed, the data it sends to the PLC is overwritten at every scan time. (Typically 1 second) for the soft push button to work, the tag must be toggling a binary number in RSLogix, you can find out what the exact binary address is by going to the B3 Data table on RSLogix with the program open.

You do not have access to the PLC code...then speculating on the machine's operation is mute.

You do note early on that the pumps cannot be turned off (Disabled) if the machine is running (Auto Operation), but in Manual Operation the pumps can be started/stopped.  Without knowing the process, this is very plausible (dedicated pumps often are required to be slaved to the mode of operation).

It appears your request to disable a slaved pump is not what the manufacturer/integrator had allowed for.  What has changed to your process that now there is a need to disable a slaved pump?