Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chase

How to write a PLC program for a cycle tester

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I am a beginner to PLC. I am currently working on a home project with Allen Bradley 1100 model. The project is to build a door open-shut cycle tester.  The motor I have purchased is a Bodine Brushless DC34B/FV INTEGRAmotor. My goal is to utilize the Allen Bradley to to control the motor and then the motor drive a shaft to open/shut the door. Through the LCD screen the of PLC, we can set and view the amount of cycles. 

I have finished the initial stage of wiring. But not sure how should I start on the programming part. Could any of you give me any hints on the programming portion? Thank you so much. 

Edited by chase

After assigning I/O to the PLC and wiring it write a simple one rung routine to turn the motor on by using an input (leave the motor disconnected from the open/shut hardware at this point). Verify your start/stop controls.

Add rungs to control forward/reverse movement.

Next add a control using input from the LCD screen (I haven't used the screen this way so I can't help there) to turn on the motor for an entered number of cycles.

Once you are comfortable with that you can expand to hand making limit sensors to control reversing of the motor.

At this point you should be confident enough to mechanically hook the motor to the open/shut hardware.

Edited by b_carlton