Crsavage

Mitsubishi a2ccpu

7 posts in this topic

I have an a2ccpu that is going bad but is still working at the moment. Luckily. I have a new a2ccpu that I would like to replace it. I have bought the gxworks2 software and have downloaded developer on my Windows 7 laptop. I can not get it to read from existing Plc. It is giving me this error that I could have a bad cable which I have tried two different ones or could be a speed issue or Plc project isn't the same Plc I have connected. Talked to Mitsubishi and there not really sure. Any advice would help. Thanks. 

GX Works 2 cannot commmunicate with A PLC. Use the GX Developer software which comes with GX Works 2

Yeah I'm using developer. I'm in the process of trying a different laptop now. 

Okay can you post your transfer setup?

I have had some difficulties with GX Developer on Windows 7, and usually end up using a Windows XP virtual machine to run the software. I just used it yesterday to upload an A2S.

I actually figured it out. It was my keyspan usb to serial port interface. I was able to get ahold of a laptop with an serial port on it, and after that it was good. No I have another problem. The equipment is a lightning grid that runs up and down. It has and operator terminal that will tell you want height it is at. The terminal is an Mitsubishi mta-250. Now my numbers are way off. It should be sitting around 88ft but the operator is reading 2490. It's very close to the conversion of centimeters instead of feet. So I'm not sure if that is something in the Plc that I need to change. Kinda weird cause I downloaded straight from the old Plc which had the right distances and everything in it. So now I'm working on this problem. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks. 

That's the adapter I use.

I suspect there is a machine setup screen that lets you select metric versus SAE, and that the default is metric. Unlike AB, in Mitsubishi a saved program doesn't necessarily include data memory, and it doesn't get downloaded by default.