IO_Rack

CP1L-E Network Backup

5 posts in this topic

I have a simple FINS network consisting of a CP1L-EL20DT-D and an NS5-SQ11B-V2. They are connected via Ethernet / Switch. I used CX Integrator to configure the FINS network.

I'm now looking for the most concise method to backup the programs for an easy recovery. I have tried saving all the memory then restoring it to an identical hardware setup. This did not restore my FINS network. I then tried using the PLC Backup Tool in CX Programmer which informed me it would not work. The CP1L-E manual did state that routing tables would require CX Integrator.

CP1L-ETN21.jpg.38a34fe6e893838f4e8a779f1

What memory is being manipulated to configure the network?

Why can't I change it manually? (via the memory utility)

Thanks.

I posted a bit hastily. The PLC Backup Tool does work for the FINS Network configuration.

My questions still stand though. The CP1L-EL20 CPUs do not have D memory between D9999 and D32000. According to W420 'Ethernet Units Construction of Networks' the D memory allocation will begin at D30000 plus the unit number offset.

What is, or how do I find the Unit number of the CP1L-E's Ethernet port?

Thank you Jay! This is my missing piece. With many years of Omron programming experience, I expected nothing less than an Omron curve ball. The big boy pants are donned!

My backup issue is solved by using the PLC Backup Tool. My curiosity has taken over and I believe I have an understanding now. The new unit number looks like it may R/W into the Reserved for System area for the network configuration. While they warn us about accessing these areas but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to read from them using IR.

Is this correct? Do I understand this correctly?

CP1L-E_Memory_Map.jpg.ccdde362d02a126ecf

Well, I missed that page.  :doh:  I don't think that reading them with IR would hurt.  Let's see if PMCR will comment.