Graham

E1151 New Display Register

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, I wonder if anyone can help me.

I have 4 test rigs setup with E1151 HMIs and FX3U PLCs (with two ADCs and one DAC).  They are running pretty well, and the HMI changes block fine when using Jump to Block, but when I try to get the PLC to change the HMI's block using the New Display Reg it becomes very temperamental.

For automatic testing I want the PLC to prompt the HMI to change block, so I set it up with a PLC register, then set the HMI to use this register for the New display reg.  When I turn the PLC and HMI on I can run through the test, and at the end it changes screen perfectly.  However if I run the test again the HMI appears to "forget" to change screen.  I have checked the new display register and It lists the correct screen, but the HMI doesn't change.

So far I have tried adding "SCRR" too the command list to use short recipe names (saw this on a previous post), and tried reducing the amount to data transfer between the HMI and PLC to see if it was a latency issue, but neither have worked.

Has anyone else witnessed problems like this?

Probably doesn't help but I have never used the 'new display reg' to automatically change the screen (block)

I have always used the 'display signal' on each block using a 'bit'  and turning on and off those bits in the plc as the sequence moves on.

I have never had any trouble with that way.

When you don't want a screen to change put -1 in the register (there is no -1 screen).

To change a screen I do the following...

1. When I don't need to switch a screen with the PLC the screen switching register is always set to -1 .

2. When you want the screen to change put the screen number into the switching register. Personally I pulse this value on/off with a value of -1 (so if I want to switch to screen 43 I put 43 in the register for 1 second and -1 for another second etc)

3. When the HMI says it has changed to the correct screen I put -1 back in.

Works every time.

I think you may be on to somthing there.  I guess mine worked the first time because the register started with a value of 0, then changed to 14 (in my case), meaning the HMI saw a change.  But the second time i ask it to change screen the register is allready 14, so the HMI does not see any change.  

I will give this a go and see what happens.

Thanks.

i had a similar issue a little while back and nightfly is spot on. take that approach and it will work perfectly :)