JanHrust

GOT Password lost

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys

I require some assistance. A client of ours has a A975GOT-TBD-CH GOT/HMI which is password protected. They have now lost the password and they need to get the program of the HMI ASAP. Can you guys please give me some pointers on how to either reset the password, without losing the program or by-passing it or even cracking it.

Thanks!

Please don't ask for bypassing and/or cracking passwords. It's illegal and against the terms of service for this forum.

Sorry. Understandable. I am just looking at a way how to get a project of a HMI if the customer forgot the password.

Sincerely sorry.

No problem, no one gets "mad" for a one-time question... Just don't ask over and over again :-)

Is the entire panels software locked and protected, or is it only the password for a certain user login level you are asking about ?

It is the entire unit. I don't even get onto the home page at startup. It requires the password at the unit power on.

The only thing you can do now is to buy a new panel and create a new project for your client.

If it's asking for a password to get to the screen, that's not the same as a password to upload the unit.  Those are separate settings.  Have you tried to upload the unit?

Keep in mind A975 has been obsolete for 10 years, replaced multiple times over with new versions.  

Hi.

Sorry for the late response. I was onsite the whole of last week. This HMI was connected to a Q series back plate bus connection. If this is connected, the interface loads with all the graphics and controls and I can do control on it. If I then try to connect to it from my latop with the software, it asks me for a password.  I then disconnected it and brought it back to our office for further testing and now when I power it up, it checks for the PLC which isn't there and then ask me for a password. I don't even get to the graphics.