kav

PowerFlex 520 on Profibus (How to get output current with)

4 posts in this topic

Hi to everyone,

I use PowerFlex 520 drive on profibus (with adapter 25-COMM-P) for first time. I managed to start/stop/reference drive using Logic Command/Status I/O but didn't manage to get output current using datalinks mechanism. I configured DP master (Mitsubishi Q PLC, QJ71PB92V) as shown in the attached picture. The main problem is that trying to modify C161-C164 (Opt Data In 1-4) parameters drive does not accept the entered values and it turns back to value "0". First, I disabled I/O connection with the controller Disconnecting the drive from the network. On the other hand, drives allow me to change parameters C165-C168 (Opt Data Out 1-4) but these are out paramenetrs (from the controller's point of view). Is there any guy that managed to get the output current  in any way on profibus network?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance!

I post this message in Allen Bradley Forum, too.

master_cfg.jpg

I haven't worked much with Allen Bradley, but could it be that you need to enable ByteSwapping in the Q-PLC? Are you using an up-to-date/correct GSD file?

Kaare_t, thank you for your reply!! The GSD file is ok. Communication is established without any problem. I use litle endian setting. I can absolutely control the drive with logic commands such as start/stop, speed reference, etc. and get logic status from the network. I can not get additional info from the drive like output current, etc. The corresponding parameters of the drive looks like to be locked. I can not change the default values  although I follow the manual step by step....

It sounds like you'll need to check your PowerFlex. I'm not sure what is causing the issue, but I doubt it is the Profibus Q config, since you can do "everything" except reading the status data etc. from the drive. If I understand you correctly you can also set the speed reference (by a predefined bit, or by sending a reference speed?). If all comms are OK regarding the IO of the drive, then something "must" be wrong with the drive's internal status data that is sent via Profibus (or possibly not sent at all).

BTW: Do you get an error in the Profibus master, or are you reading everything like you're supposed to, except that you don't get any real values in there?