TigerLily

PCS7 with S7-410 for Dummies

3 posts in this topic

I just need to understand a little bit more about the PCS7 architecture, if someone could point me to a document or a video or something, or just give me a few sentences to break it down it would be greatly appreciated.

The reason being, we have a quote that we are working on for a customer over seas and are being told to quote our equipment with an S7-410 PLC.  I am very unfamiliar with Siemens in general, but completely unfamiliar with the PCS7.

Our equipment is typically if not almost always stand alone equipment that communicates discretely to the rest of the facility.  Our equipment is not part of a process line, but rather feeds the process line equipment what it needs to perform its operation.

I have been led to believe that the S7-410 PLC must be part of a DCS, so it does not seem like the correct fit for our equipment.  I just want to confirm this and learn a little bit more so I can explain to our sales folks and ultimately the end user why it is the wrong option for us and our type of equipment.

Thank you!!!

Heather