HwT

Gx Works Soft start.

5 posts in this topic

I have some questions about creating a soft start / ramp up function in Gx Works 2, does anybody have an example on how to do this? 16 bit value 0-250, and tunable time. Its for analoge value out. 

I would be grateful for any help with this.

Mitsubishi has an instruction specifically designed for ramping single word integers to soft start analogue outputs. Search for RAMP in the instructions section of the programming manual. It includes a constant to inc/decrease the rate.

If CPU you're using doesn't have it you can also do it by adding a constant to a device every scan until it gets within say 10% of the "SP", then switch to the device containing the target value. You can adjust it by making the constant bigger/smaller.

Hello Luke! 

I found the "ramp" function but i cant seem to get it to work, it should ramp from 0 - 100 in 10 scans. And i created a (Word Signed) D25. But i can't get it to compile. Just throws me the following error: 

Capture.JPG

The only thing I can think of is the output d should be an array of "ANY_16" with 2 elements. Make sure your output can use 2 words (the second one is just for processing I believe).

Your output (RampUp_Test) should be an array of two elements.

rampup_test.png