Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Davka

Lock numerical input in GT Designer3

4 posts in this topic

Hello!

I am currently working on a project where the user can input a recipe on a GS2110 touch-screen. If it is possible I would like to prohibit changing any parameters once the process has started. Is there any way to do this? I figure you should be able to monitor a bit and if it is high (process running) the user may not change any parameter on the screen. 

The PLC is an FX5U and the particular process itself is ye olde weigh in a set of materials and then start mixing. I am using step ladder instructions since I mostly worked with SFC prior to this project. If there is no way of locking the touch input I reckon I can copy the parameters sent from the touchscreen while in state 0. As soon as the process starts, the PLC will stop copying and the rest of the process will work with the currently non-changeable parameters.

Best regards,

David

I found the solution to this. There is a trigger option in GT Designer for inputs/buttons and you can set the input/button to OFF if a certain register/device is 1.

1 person likes this

Maybe you can lock the screen by putting password on it

Hi Davka,

I do this in a different way. The input of the operator is placed into a D-word at the GOT. This D-Word is moved by a MOV instruction to a register where the PLC is getting the information from. (this D-Word is made not visual in the GOT)

The MOV instruction is activated with the 'start process' button so the operator can set input at the screen during the running process but the PLC takes only the information from the D word where this was moved to unless you press the start button again.

In your PLC code you can also have a lock that the MOV instruction will only be activated if the start button is pressed and the process was stoped to have extra security.

Best regards,

Theo V.