Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
deuslupos

omron cj1m cpu11 analog programming/designer

3 posts in this topic

hey! 

I'm pretty new to PLC's, and I'm supposed to ''teach'' the people at my internship how this PLC works, but I have encountered a problem. 

I've gotten pretty far with all the digital programming and understanding how everything works, but I just can't figure out how the analog inputs/outputs and programming works...... I've had a fair explaination on PID and how this works. I've searched the web as well to figure out what PLC instructions to use. 

I hope you can answer my following questions. 

1, what are the most used PLC instruction blocks which I can use for temperature control, and how am I supposed to use them?

2, Could you please give me an example on how to use PID and what numbers will I need for the calculations?

3, what are the most used PLC Instruction blocks (apart form the analog ones) that I should include in my tutorial?

this is my setup:

Ethernet switch

MOXA EDS-205

Plc voeding

PA202

PLC CPU

CJ1MCPU11-ETN

Digital IN (16x)

CJ1W-ID211 (SL)

Digital IN (16x)

CJ1W-ID211 (SL)

Analog IN (8x)

CJ1W-AD081 (SL)

Analog IN (8x)

CJ1W-AD081 (SL)

TRANS OUT (16x)

CJ1W-OD212 (SL)

TRANS OUT (16x)

CJ1W-OD212 (SL)

Analog OUT (4x)

CJ1W-DA041 (SL)

thank you soo much for looking at my question and considering helping me! the OMRON helpdesk hasn't been very helpfull. 

kind regards, 

Deuslupos,

For internal temperature / process control, you might use the PID or PIDAT instructions as well as the TPO instruction (if you have a digital output to control the heater).  You should also look at scaling instructions for the analog I/O (APR, SCL, SCL2, etc.).   You might look at function blocks a bit for scaling as well, here is a good one that I wrote a while back:

http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?/files/file/996-analog-scaling-function-block/

As far as PID is concerned, look around a bit, here is a good link:

http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?/topic/7168-sample-pid-program/

3 people like this