Caress

Wiring omron r88d gt08h 200v

16 posts in this topic

Good afternoon forum,

I have been looking for an omron forum that answers general questions but i can only find programming forums,

I have a quick question, does anyone have a wiring diagram for the pulse train output on the servo omron r88d gt08h 200v?

Not the one in the manual i mean a simple diagram showing the plc to omron conection.

Cheers guys!

There are examples in the manual in section 9. Your connections will depend on the hardware specifications of the PLC output circuit. You'll need to know if it is 'Line Driver' or standard transistor. If it is standard transistor at 24VDC then you'll need to add current limiting resistors. You'll also need to know if it is PNP or NPN. In addition, you need to decide if you will control the drive via CW/CCW or PLS/DIR so you know which signals go where.

As you can see there are many options. This is why the manual looks overwhelming. Start with the PLC manual and learn how the Pulse Output works first. You may find good examples in the PLC manual that you can match to the R88D examples. The R88D is very flexible. 

Edited by IO_Rack
1 person likes this

Thank you IO_Rack i have found a conection example on the internet and with your advice i have been able to move the motor, step one done :)

You are welcome and good job. Please take note to the Line Driver verses the 24VDC. If you are using 24VDC without the current limiting resistor it WILL function but you will eventually damage the input circuitry of the R88D.

Edited by IO_Rack
1 person likes this

Im not using the line driver funcion i have it connected via the pto and the cw and ccw conections, thats oke right?

Can you post your circuit? 

I've took a brief look at the manual. I'm a little confused. The manual states to choose an R value but it shows a resistor inside the drive. I'm not sure if it is a drive setting or if you must install a resistor. Maybe someone with more recent experience can tell us. In the mean time, you can measure your circuit current to ensure it is below 15mA.

R88D_Input_Circuit.jpg.5d13e6ecb06a5b9c8

Edited by IO_Rack
1 person likes this

My tester says that its recieving 5ma and i believe the resistors you see in the diagram are in the servo atleast thats what i understood from them

Edited by Caress

Correct.  If you use pins 1 and 2, then the resistor is built into the drive.  If you use pins 3 and 5, it is not.  See below:

PkwVw7Z6AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

1 person likes this

Thanks for the additional info guys!

Yeah im using a servo driver r88d-gt08h-200v   and a servo motor r88m-g75030h-s2,

Another quick question the load that im trying to move is a bit heavy and also needs to move quickish (official speed) i know that the parameter At_no0 changes the strength of the motor but if you put it too high you can hear the motor slipping, what i need to know is the speed, i need it to move as fast as possible, what parameters can i change to better this?

Pn_4b: After reducing this factor i was able to move my table at a normal speed, thanks for the help guys!