Mr.Moe

FH vision camera search

4 posts in this topic

Hello!

I have a FH camera but are wondering if there is a function to get the camera to search automatically for an objekt he will inspect? Today I have a sensor to trigger the camera to take a picture, but I want it to find the objekt without using a sensor.

Thanks for any help.

You can use one of the search tool (Search, Shape Search II, shape Search III, (see Z341 manual )) in continous measurement.

Once the object is found, you coud stop that continous measurement and trigger your other inspection.

Edited by pfort

Do you have any example on how you start and stop continuous measurement ? Can you use the flow in the FH-controller to start and stop, or must you start and stop it from Sysmac Studio?

In this example, you would likely have a loop inside of your FH Flow menu that would continuously search for the object.  When the object was found, you could jump out of the loop and then do the quality inspection.   You could then set your controller in continuous mode (using the method below) to start all over again.  Although, you may not want to use continuous trigger below as the part will still be in the Field of view.  You could just simply trigger the system again when the part has left the field fo view (you can also see how to do this with EtherCAT using the manual link below).

If it is connected via EtherCAT, you to the NJ, you can just issue the proper command code to the FH:

AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

See manual Z342 for details.  You can find it here: 

http://www.edata.omron.com.au/eData/Vision/Z342-E1-06.pdf