BJR

GX IEC Developer SFC verify

2 posts in this topic

I tried to use the verify feature to compare the project I have open to the one in the PLC.  It reports back that the parameters and main program are identical but the SFC is not identical.  What is frustrating is that the SFC comparison will not allow you to click on the SHOW button.

My question is if any version of IEC developer was ever capable of this or if it is impossible since the Verify function always shows differences in the editor in IL format.

I am the person that was in the PLC last and should have the latest offline copy of the program but I cannot get it to say it matches and am worried what difference there could be since I cannot dig any deeper.

Did I miss anything or am I out of luck?

Have never worked with SFC, but I know that if you programme in ladder, then build and download, then rebuild all and verify, there's a very good chance that the programme will not verify correctly.

The programmes will both be "effectively the same", but the compiler may well have used different system variable numbers when it did the second compile.

However, the "show differences" will work and will show that only addresses have changed.

I've always ended up stopping the PLC and re-downloading as I hate programmes that don't verify correctly.